BOX1

P1000 1000-5 production line

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The chip shortage isn't because people don't want to work. It's because the auto manufacturers cut orders back when the whole COVID mess first started. They never expected demand for automobiles to jump back to pre-COVID levels so quickly, and it takes significant time to produce.

Producing a finished chip for advanced applications at such high volume can easily take 6 months or more. When they shut the orders down, the manufacturers can't simply start back up one day, producing the same volume. That's now how it works.

As far as manufacturing chips here in the US: It takes years and billions of dollars to build a new semiconductor fabrication facility.

In a class 1 chips manufacturing clean room, they are allowed 10 particles per 1 cubic foot of air. In a hospital operating room, they are allowed 10,000 particles per 1 cubit foot of air. Think about that.

Most of the advanced semiconductor chips are produced by TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co) and Samsung. Intel can't build many of the chips that they can -- they don't have the technology.
Giggled when I read this, Scoop. Your content and substance are dead on.

But long ago I was working for a satellite company watching the science in a clean room from behind the glass.
One guy was crouching up in the shell of the satellite doing real work. His buddy gave me a wink and reached up and pinched his ass with pliers, causing the guy to convulse and come out flailing. They thrashed around a bit, then got back to work.

That's why Apollo 13 nearly failed and why we can't get a Bronco off the lot.

Reactions: Smitty335
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
John Doe #2 wouldn't mind revisiting depositions with her......

BTW #2 does that mean he was the s**
John Doe #2 wouldn't mind revisiting depositions with her......

BTW #2 does that mean he was the s***?

View attachment 287592
I am an attorney. There are thousands of incredible women attorneys.
Some how, I keep going against craven old men who look like me. Sigh.

• Haha
L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
as a former fab shop/ weld line/ assembly line foreman for a heavy equipment manufacturer i can say for sure everything runs down one line, maybe 2 to increase output but they are the same line. as stated before everything is built by vin and whatever is different between them is already pre loaded in bins and someone puts it together.
i have read a few different places that chips are being pulled from automotive to go to heavy duty market, class 8 trucks and such.

S

Sr56

May 6, 2019
Murfreesboro
Running full capacity and releasing units is a different situation. I have a 10k deposit on a 2021 Ford bronco first edition with the Sasquatch package (2.3 turbo four with the 10spd auto) for over a year and according to Ford , the Detroit plant where they are made is running 100% capacity. Recent drone footage showed THOUSANDS of new Broncos(was so beautiful and sad) sitting in a back lot behind the plant. There’s no micro chips for the computers. If Honda is also short on chips (I’m sure they are , GM is shutting down 40% of the USA plants this week to same issue) I would bet they are going to prioritize there car supply as it’s much more profitable. Just my conspiracy 2cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There is a Bronco Outer Banks with the Sasquatch package on Cars and Bids auction now. Located in Ohio. Current bid is $60,000. Ends on 9/13. Good luck to the bidders!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!