P1000 1000-5 production line

N

Neversatisfied

Dec 5, 2018
Lancaster, Ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Is anyone familiar with the Timmonsville S.C. Factory? Is there only one assembly line for the 1000-5 where they run a batch of bases then change and run deluses, then S.E., then L.E.? Or is there a line for each trim level?

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I don't think anyone here knows but if I had to guess I would say all models run down the same assembly line simultaneously as ordered. There aren't many differences between models and no choices in accessories are made by dealers or buyers.

I think a computer selects components and sends them down a supply line to match up with the chassis, engine, and main components by VIN. Humans working on the assembly line simply take the next component off a hook or other device that moves thema and installs.

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Honda put a lockdown on employees talking about work in early spring 2018..
I heard JohnDoe2 say it wasnt any fun.
19djcv

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
John Doe #2 wouldn't mind revisiting depositions with her......

BTW #2 does that mean he was the s***?

Screenshot 20210805 141027 Chrome

N

Neversatisfied

Dec 5, 2018
Lancaster, Ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If there running full capacity it must be a shipping issue?
I had a powerhouse dealer from Florida call me every week for the last 3 weeks with a supposedly new delivered unit each week. Not sure if he’s leading me along or not but it does appear some are getting their units. Hopefully I’ll see mine soon.

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If there running full capacity it must be a shipping issue?
I had a powerhouse dealer from Florida call me every week for the last 3 weeks with a supposedly new delivered unit each week. Not sure if he’s leading me along or not but it does appear some are getting their units. Hopefully I’ll see mine soon.
They're shipping, just not as many as there are of us waiting.

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
SP82

SP82

Jan 21, 2021
CA
Running full capacity and releasing units is a different situation. I have a 10k deposit on a 2021 Ford bronco first edition with the Sasquatch package (2.3 turbo four with the 10spd auto) for over a year and according to Ford , the Detroit plant where they are made is running 100% capacity. Recent drone footage showed THOUSANDS of new Broncos(was so beautiful and sad) sitting in a back lot behind the plant. There’s no micro chips for the computers. If Honda is also short on chips (I’m sure they are , GM is shutting down 40% of the USA plants this week to same issue) I would bet they are going to prioritize there car supply as it’s much more profitable. Just my conspiracy 2cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Running full capacity and releasing units is a different situation. I have a 10k deposit on a 2021 Ford bronco first edition with the Sasquatch package (2.3 turbo four with the 10spd auto) for over a year and according to Ford , the Detroit plant where they are made is running 100% capacity. Recent drone footage showed THOUSANDS of new Broncos(was so beautiful and sad) sitting in a back lot behind the plant. There’s no micro chips for the computers. If Honda is also short on chips (I’m sure they are , GM is shutting down 40% of the USA plants this week to same issue) I would bet they are going to prioritize there car supply as it’s much more profitable. Just my conspiracy 2cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
For the want of a chip, the delivery was lost.
It's not the main vehicle chips holding things up, it's the luxury package (sexy voice) chips or other simple chips.

Reactions: ChadD
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a neighbor who works (now from home) for one of the big silicone valley manufacturers of the automated machines that make the wafers and build the layers on the chips. They end up back ordered for the parts that make the machines that make the chips.

The people that thought it would be a good idea to pay people to stay home, and not work, are all idiots of the first order. That's starting at the top and "not working" down.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Recent drone footage showed THOUSANDS of new Broncos(was so beautiful and sad) sitting in a back lot behind the plant. There’s no micro chips for the computers.
Many of those are held for hard top replacement, not necessarily chip related. Still others are being held (or not produced) for OTHER component shortages. Ford sent a memo to dealerships the last week of August stating that reservations for the Broncos are PAUSED due to high demand - not sure when they will resume. My company produces a MAJOR component for 80% of all North American market Ford and Lincoln vehicles (passcar, SUV, F-Series from 150 to 450). My facility is literally 3 miles from MAP (Michigan Assembly Plant), where the Bronco and Ranger are produced.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I have a neighbor who works (now from home) for one of the big silicone valley manufacturers of the automated machines that make the wafers and build the layers on the chips. They end up back ordered for the parts that make the machines that make the chips.

The people that thought it would be a good idea to pay people to stay home, and not work, are all idiots of the first order. That's starting at the top and "not working" down.
The chip shortage isn't because people don't want to work. It's because the auto manufacturers cut orders back when the whole COVID mess first started. They never expected demand for automobiles to jump back to pre-COVID levels so quickly, and it takes significant time to produce.

Producing a finished chip for advanced applications at such high volume can easily take 6 months or more. When they shut the orders down, the manufacturers can't simply start back up one day, producing the same volume. That's now how it works.

As far as manufacturing chips here in the US: It takes years and billions of dollars to build a new semiconductor fabrication facility.

In a class 1 chips manufacturing clean room, they are allowed 10 particles per 1 cubic foot of air. In a hospital operating room, they are allowed 10,000 particles per 1 cubit foot of air. Think about that.

Most of the advanced semiconductor chips are produced by TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co) and Samsung. Intel can't build many of the chips that they can -- they don't have the technology.

Reactions: Capn1 and Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!