P1000_DLux

Its Only an Opinion Relax
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 17, 2020
Belfair, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that an Aluminum Roof? If so, what Brenda and are you happy?
So my roof is clear plastic roof. It is a two piece roof made by SuperATV.

Pros:
1)Low profile
2) Easy to install
3)Is tinted and clear (lets light in)
4)Works well with SuperATV flip windshield

Cons:
1)Not easy to remove (no quick disconnect will take some time not difficult though)
2) Price ($650) (most roofs are relatively expensive
3) Had to run a bead of clear chalk between the seam of the roof pieces to prevent water from getting on rear passengers (Solved the problem)

Overall pretty happy with it and would buy it again over other options. If I didn't buy this one I would have bought the OEM which seems to lend itself to easier install of after market ROPS top bar installations of accessories. This mounts almost flush with the top ROPS bar.

Reactions: Mudwing
Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes Rheumatoid Arthritis in my right hand does impact my spelling at times

Reactions: TripleB
t-bear

t-bear

Nov 11, 2019
NE OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, even though I went with the Alien Shade mesh/sunshade type "top", I am a big fan of all the flush mounted tops (SATV clear, TUSK, etc.). Big advantage if height is even a potential issue for clearance into a Toy Hauler or modified enclosed cargo trailer.

I think you add at least 2-4" over the ROPS bars with the OEM Honda roof...

Reactions: P1000_DLux
Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Definitelty get a windshield that either flips up or is otherwise vented. I have a Tusk aluminum roof and Tusk glass full windshield. The full windshield is great in the winter. The rest of the year, I pull the windshield off because of the amount of dust I eat when the trails are dry.
Did you have any figment issues with the Tusk AL top? Wonder if it is compatible with Super ATV FLIP UP WINDSHIELD

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Definitelty get a windshield that either flips up or is otherwise vented. I have a Tusk aluminum roof and Tusk glass full windshield. The full windshield is great in the winter. The rest of the year, I pull the windshield off because of the amount of dust I eat when the trails are dry.
I have a SATV flip up windshield and noted a couple of comments leading to the notion that I would have to use Silicone sealant to to preclude leaks. You had any trouble with this?

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, even though I went with the Alien Shade mesh/sunshade type "top", I am a big fan of all the flush mounted tops (SATV clear, TUSK, etc.). Big advantage if height is even a potential issue for clearance into a Toy Hauler or modified enclosed cargo trailer.

I think you add at least 2-4" over the ROPS bars with the OEM Honda roof...
Heard there are potential leaking issues with the TUSK. any others you could recommend? Thanks for the reply!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!