P1000 12 volt accessory plug hot wire

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finishing up installing my winch tonight. Was going to tap into that wire instead of the accessory wire from the fuse block. Anyone know which one is hot?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yep... And lol... Because it a the same wire.
White with black stripe is HOT when key on!

I understand how that would be a safer connection point. I actually should recommend tapping that location after the acc. harness plug if you can get to it.

Last edited:
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finishing up installing my winch tonight. Was going to tap into that wire instead of the accessory wire from the fuse block. Anyone know which one is hot?
if you're using the Honda install kit, the wiring harness will plug inline with the accessory outlet wiring harness.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can plug the harness in without taking the whole front end apart. I just reached up to the back of the accessory and pluged it in by feel. I also put the winch control plug under the hood instead of in the glove box. I figured instead of taking all the stuff out of the glove box to plug it in it would be easier just to pop off the plastic hood hooks.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can plug the harness in without taking the whole front end apart. I just reached up to the back of the accessory and pluged it in by feel. I also put the winch control plug under the hood instead of in the glove box. I figured instead of taking all the stuff out of the glove box to plug it in it would be easier just to pop off the plastic hood hooks.
yep, plenty of ways to skin a cat... and taking half the machine apart is the wrong way!lol I got control power for the winch from my second battery through a switch on my switch plate. That same switch also powers my usb accessory plug.
Since the cap/cover for the wired remote receptacle looked fairly watertight, I installed mine right on top the black plastic between the hood and windshield. It's offset toward the drivers side so I can just reach out from the drivers seat and hook up the wired remote if I want to. I agree with you, the glovebox didn't seem right to me.

Reactions: sharp
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
I agree with you, the glovebox didn't seem right to me.
I didn't think about that when I first installed the outlet. Thought about moving it out in front of the windshield, but that would leave a hole on the glove box. After building the dash panel with rockers, the outlet is just for back up now so it will stay where its at. Wired remote will be stored under the hood.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
I didn't think about that when I first installed the outlet. Thought about moving it out in front of the windshield, but that would leave a hole on the glove box. After building the dash panel with rockers, the outlet is just for back up now so it will stay where its at. Wired remote will be stored under the hood.

That was the most painful accessory install. First hole I had to drill in a day old machine!!!

Reactions: PioneerPete
rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the quick help....I'll finish tomorrow...watching the IU game tonight!

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Thanks for the quick help....I'll finish tomorrow...watching the IU game tonight!

When you tap into that wire, which ever one you choose, you may want to leave you self some extra wire on your lead. Coil up enough to reach any where under your hood. You will will find all sorts of future upgrades that will require key on power. You'll want to splice into that wire only once.

advertisement