Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Ive got a 70p. Just used it a while ago to air up a 30" sxs tire. Took maybe a minute to go from on the rim to no bulge in the tire.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ive got a 70p. Just used it a while ago to air up a 30" sxs tire. Took maybe a minute to go from on the rim to no bulge in the tire.
70p what? I've got e Dewalt 20 volt that I aired up 5 trailer tires 13 psi apiece and ran down to two bars, not fast though?

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Viair brand seems to be good quality. I think I will do the 300 for the 150
psi capability

advertisement
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
After @knuckledeep plugged and aired up my trailer tire then topped the other 3 off with the Milwaukee 12v I bought one and put in a 6ah battery I carry with me

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
But what do you do when that battery dies?
I just can't bring myself to do a pump that can not run off the P1000.

First trip in to Royal Blue I came across a guy stranded . Had aired down on his 4 wheeler and lost ALL 4 beads!

I aired up and seated all 4 beads for him. Not sure a 6ah millwaukee would have done that. I am a huge fan of the Millwaukee stuff and have them. But can not bring myself to depend on a standalone battery.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
But what do you do when that battery dies?
I just can't bring myself to do a pump that can not run off the P1000.

First trip in to Royal Blue I came across a guy stranded . Had aired down on his 4 wheeler and lost ALL 4 beads!

I aired up and seated all 4 beads for him. Not sure a 6ah millwaukee would have done that. I am a huge fan of the Millwaukee stuff and have them. But can not bring myself to depend on a standalone battery.
I don't know if these electric pumps have enough balls to seat beads. I would use a CO2 kit to seat the beads first. Then air comp as a last resort if I ran out of CO2.

Not debating. Just pondering.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't know if these electric pumps have enough balls to seat beads. I would use a CO2 kit to seat the beads first. Then air comp as a last resort if I ran out of CO2.

I carry a ratchet strap to go around the tire. So far I have always been able to seat them. Sometimes it takes a little bit and that is why I want the machines battery.

Once you get a seal, most ATV tires have a max pressure to seat the beads that is well below the PSI of the pumps. I do add some water or whatever I can find to lube the bead and area to help.

One thing that stays in my tire kit bag is the little individual packs of spark plug silicone. A little smear of this around the bead is magic!

my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
I have a 400P for my RV tires and winterizing. Awesome machines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

you can do it with an Air Compressor but it takes a LONG time relative to the CO2, and even with a ratchet strap you usually have to fight with it to get the bead to sit on the rim well enough to be able to build pressure to seat it....with CO2 you just need to get it off the ground so the tire is not compressed and it is a quick seat BUT...BUT some folks will get a little to liberal with the CO2 it just takes a quick burst and its seated and almost aired up, finish it off with a small compressor which just takes a few seconds.

Reactions: Superthrill
M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
The spark plug Silicone is a Great idea.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!