1st Time Out with the P1000- 5

Gold-digger

Gold-digger

Mar 12, 2019
Ocean Shores Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well The wife and myself took out the P1000-5 for the 1st time since we bought it there weeks ago.
Took it over to one of the OHV area's were they have 7 miles of trails, were I put 32 miles on the beast.
I must say that I'm really happy with how it handled and ran . I took it through its paces top speed was 66 mph. Climbed a 65 deg hill with no problem did a little rock crawling in low 4x4 did great.
I will need to put mud guards since theres mud everywhere. At the top of the mountain there was still 2 feet of snow handled well even though we was plowing through it.
My only b**** is about the widths of the trails the signs say over 50+ inches. Then why do I have scratches on my new machine at least I put them on 1st and not my wife.
Other wise didn't have any issues with the gas pedal recall.

20190328 122236 20190328 123931

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Enjoy i have the 1000-3 but i know what u mean i came from 4 wheelers and ive had to cut all my trails so i can fit the rig down without just scratching the whole way

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well The wife and myself took out the P1000-5 for the 1st time since we bought it there weeks ago.
Took it over to one of the OHV area's were they have 7 miles of trails, were I put 32 miles on the beast.
I must say that I'm really happy with how it handled and ran . I took it through its paces top speed was 66 mph. Climbed a 65 deg hill with no problem did a little rock crawling in low 4x4 did great.
I will need to put mud guards since theres mud everywhere. At the top of the mountain there was still 2 feet of snow handled well even though we was plowing through it.
My only b**** is about the widths of the trails the signs say over 50+ inches. Then why do I have scratches on my new machine at least I put them on 1st and not my wife.

View attachment 118610 View attachment 118612
Very nice! Mama looks a little addled setting in that Pioneer, you didn’t scare her on that 65 degree hill did you? :D:D:D

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 118610 View attachment 118612
Very nice! I like the color too! Mine is over 400 miles now and scratched all over, plastics, all roll balls, windshield. My stickers are cut in half but still on there for now. I hate it's not as pretty as new but I bought it to ride and ride I do!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you ain’t getting scratches, you ain’t using her much. I put the brush guard on mine because I tend to get off trail sometimes, the finish is looking rough but it’s doing the job. Enjoy your 1000 and keep on riding!:)

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife cringed on our first ride when the little sticks started scratching. Now she just enjoys the ride. None of our little scratches show now. We've covered them with deep ones. She didn't even get upset when we tore the enclosure on Vrock because Primroy arch was worth it. Lol

Any tree smaller than 2" doesn't exist when we trail ride locally.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very nice! I like the color too! Mine is over 400 miles now and scratched all over, plastics, all roll balls, windshield. My stickers are cut in half but still on there for now. I hate it's not as pretty as new but I bought it to ride and ride I do!

My stickers were shredded I won replacements at last years takeover.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you ain’t getting scratches, you ain’t using her much. I put the brush guard on mine because I tend to get off trail sometimes, the finish is looking rough but it’s doing the job. Enjoy your 1000 and keep on riding!:)
I agree, did you put the LE brush guard on? I kinda like the looks of it, as long as it doesnt come with i4wd hahaha

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife cringed on our first ride when the little sticks started scratching. Now she just enjoys the ride. None of our little scratches show now. We've covered them with deep ones. She didn't even get upset when we tore the enclosure on Vrock because Primroy arch was worth it. Lol

Sound like a man after my own heart right there! No trees under 2"exist! I thought my 4wheeler was a beast at pushing over trees but this tank of a pioneer doesnt even know they are there! I've tried to run over some w 4wheeler that were a little too big and would pick my front end up but not this baby it runs over dern pulpwood!
My wife was same way like what was that?? I said a briar o well I was use to ripping through the woods running over and through crap and she wasnt, she couldnt believe I hauled it home in the rain lol

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I was the same way with mine. I cringed each time a stick scratched down the side, but then realized I bought it to use! Much like the Viking we had previously, the Pioneer walks over the smaller trees like they aren't there.

Reactions: Firemedic530
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok bc I was gonna ask where to get one.......cheaper than from Honda hopefully
I bought mine from Rocky Mountain Atv. They were pretty good on the price.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!