P1000m5 2 Piece Hard Coat and 2 Piece Poly-carbonate Windshield

UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How can I tell the difference between the 2 piece Hard Coat and the 2 piece Polycarbonate windshield after it has been installed? Is it obvious?

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How can I tell the difference between the 2 piece Hard Coat and the 2 piece Polycarbonate windshield after it has been installed? Is it obvious?
If I remember correctly the hard coat has a black out line on it. The lower portion is not hard coated...Even though it's says it is

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If I remember correctly the hard coat has a black out line on it. The lower portion is not hard coated...Even though it's says it is

Honda was definitely misleading on this. I'm pissed about it after paying $500. I'm pretty sure Honda won't sell me another windshield after that experience.

UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda was definitely misleading on this. I'm pissed about it after paying $500. I'm pretty sure Honda won't sell me another windshield after that experience.

$500 eh..... $850 plus 15% sales tax on this side of the border for the hardcoat 2 piece. You don't wanna know what I paid for this rig with the accessories I bought. I coulda bought a loaded Accord for less but most likely wouldn't have near the fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Check out the SuperATV flip out windshield... so far I'm pleased. And I like the option of the windshield fully open.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Hardcoat, no circular scratches or any after scrubbing.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Alumalite Armor makes a tip out glass windshield for the P1000 housed in an aluminum frame. No scratches and can add the windshield wiper option if desired. It tips out 2" or 4"

Compare

Tip out Windshield Enclosure, Made from 3/32 aluminum with stylish re-enforcing bends that makes it extremely rigid. Corners and transitions are welded so there are no exposed seams. Exposed edges have vinyl edge protectors. All parts are powder coated with a flat black finish that matches roll cage. The Tip-out windshield Includes DOT certified safety glass which locks down water and air tight when closed. It can be tipped out in two positions of 2" or 4" to allow for air flow. The glass frame can also be removed easily and quickly when you don't want a windshield by removing the 2 hinge bolts and unlatching the latches. The strong, light weight aluminum frame mounts securely to the roll cage in minutes with roll bar clamps and seals tightly to the hood and roll cage so you have no rattles and leaks along the hood.

AAL

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
WOW $1900 shipped!

I have the two piece hard coat and as mentioned the bottom half isn't coated and Honda doesn't mention this anywhere that I've seen. It's not much for what it costs but heck the roof isn't either.

Reactions: JTW and UKNB
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Alumalite Armor makes a tip out glass windshield for the P1000 housed in an aluminum frame. No scratches and can add the windshield wiper option if desired. It tips out 2" or 4"

Compare

Tip out Windshield Enclosure, Made from 3/32 aluminum with stylish re-enforcing bends that makes it extremely rigid. Corners and transitions are welded so there are no exposed seams. Exposed edges have vinyl edge protectors. All parts are powder coated with a flat black finish that matches roll cage. The Tip-out windshield Includes DOT certified safety glass which locks down water and air tight when closed. It can be tipped out in two positions of 2" or 4" to allow for air flow. The glass frame can also be removed easily and quickly when you don't want a windshield by removing the 2 hinge bolts and unlatching the latches. The strong, light weight aluminum frame mounts securely to the roll cage in minutes with roll bar clamps and seals tightly to the hood and roll cage so you have no rattles and leaks along the hood.

View attachment 42791

$1900? Really? REALLY?? Does that come with KY? Half that would still be ridiculous.
Must be in rupees or yen or something.

Is the aluminum produced onsite by house elves?

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

$1900? Really? REALLY?? Does that come with KY? Half that would still be ridiculous.

Lmao.. they smelt it out of virgin hair!!! Do you know how hard it is to find virgins these days!!?

Reactions: ohanacreek
advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

They are very weird on the website for checking pricing. For $1900 that is the tip out windshield, Aluminum Roof, Aluminum / glass rear panel combo (For Honda equivalent that would be $1500 for the three pieces)

The windshield is $790 for tip out, $690 fixed

Compare <<<< This link is jacked, after clicking scroll below to FRONT WINDOW ONLY

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They are very weird on the website for checking pricing. For $1900 that is the tip out windshield, Aluminum Roof, Aluminum / glass rear panel combo (For Honda equivalent that would be $1500 for the three pieces)

Compare <<<< This link is jacked, after clicking scroll below to FRONT WINDOW ONLY
I wonder if it will work ok with the factory roof

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I wonder if it will work ok with the factory roof
Probably just have to call and ask but just eyeballing it compared to the Honda glass windshield w/steel frame I have, I say yes as it all looks flush at top, just don't know about the clamps used on Honda roof across the front.

What I like other than the tip out feature is pull 2 pins and the whole glass panel comes off.

Reactions: GlockMeister
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably just have to call and ask but just eyeballing it compared to the Honda glass windshield w/steel frame I have, I say yes as it all looks flush at top.

What I like other than the tip out feature is pull 2 pins and the whole glass panel comes off.
That was my thought. Going to look into later. Gotta Wear out my factory tilt first.

Reactions: JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Ok...last beer for tonight.