P500 2 weeks on the Uncompahgre

S

Sledge

Heading back to Texas tomorrow, after 2 glorious weeks in Colorado. Mostly on the Uncompahgre, but 2 days on the Grand Mesa as well.

Heaven on earth. The P5 performed flawlessly. A couple of near high-centers due to wheelbase, but that same long wheelbase allowed me to climb a trail section my buddy had endoed backwards on previously, and named "The Wall".

Low gear, chug up, chug down. Never touched the brakes going down.

The little Bluebird did itself proud.

The Kenda HTRS were incredible. They just grabbed whatever there was to grab. I quickly learned that I could trust them to hold the near-vertical side of a rut or rock. They just STUCK where I put them, always, wet or dry.

Started at 10 psi, ended at 7.5.

Good times.

Joe

S

Sledge

:cool:
Right on Joe!
Be safe going back!
2 weeks sounds like heaven!
Thanks for the good wishes, Steve.

Lord willing, I'll be headed back up here for archery elk season in 2 months, for another couple of weeks. Retirement does NOT suck.:cool:

Joe

hambone

hambone

Mar 14, 2015
Southeast Indiana
:cool:
Thanks for the good wishes, Steve.

Lord willing, I'll be headed back up here for archery elk season in 2 months, for another couple of weeks. Retirement does NOT suck.:cool:

Joe
Rub it in Buddy! I have a few short years left!

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 17380 Heading back to Texas tomorrow, after 2 glorious weeks in Colorado. Mostly on the Uncompahgre, but 2 days on the Grand Mesa as well.

Heaven on earth. The P5 performed flawlessly. A couple of near high-centers due to wheelbase, but that same long wheelbase allowed me to climb a trail section my buddy had endoed backwards on previously, and named "The Wall".

Low gear, chug up, chug down. Never touched the brakes going down.

The little Bluebird did itself proud.

The Kenda HTRS were incredible. They just grabbed whatever there was to grab. I quickly learned that I could trust them to hold the near-vertical side of a rut or rock. They just STUCK where I put them, always, wet or dry.

Started at 10 psi, ended at 7.5.

Good times.

Joe
The two week you spend up there was that mostly for scouting for your archer hunt and are you hunting GMU 61 or 62?

S

Sledge

The two week you spend up there was that mostly for scouting for your archer hunt and are you hunting GMU 61 or 62?
62 if I hunt the Uncompahgre, Alan. I'm invited to hunt with some friends on the Mesa, though, so I'll likely do that too. They're muzzleloaders, but there's a week in the month-long archery season where both are legal, as you likely know.

I think it's Area 45, but am not sure. They do real well there. I spent 2 days there, but the mosquitos were horrible, so didn't do the on-foot scouting I had intended.

This trip was supposed to be about riding and scouting, but it turned out to be mostly about riding. I had a new toy to play with! :)

I did have a beautiful cinnamon sow bear with a roly-poly little cub waddle through my camp one morning. That was cool. I shot one bear with my bow years ago; now I just get a kick out of watching them.

Joe

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!