BOX1

P500 2015 cup holders

L

leboyd

Jun 14, 2020
houston
Has anyone modified or replaced their cup holders to be slightly bigger? They’re just slightly too small to hold a “normal” sized cooler-type mug (like you see everyone use). I’m not racing my 500 around the ranch and want to be able to but my mug in the cup holder?

Reactions: TxDoc
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone modified or replaced their cup holders to be slightly bigger? They’re just slightly too small to hold a “normal” sized cooler-type mug (like you see everyone use). I’m not racing my 500 around the ranch and want to be able to but my mug in the cup holder?
You can pull the cupholder and what’s left holds a bottle a lot better. Will also hold the smaller double walled beverage holders. But installing the deeper and larger marine cup holders is definitely the go to for most it seems.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X

2PCS Boat Cup Drink Holder Stainless Steel with Drain for Marine Boat Rv Camper These work nice but you have to trim a little to install them . I used one . If you were near me to pick up I would give you the other one .​

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What..☝️☝️☝️said!!!

Reactions: rustyneversleeps
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Like @HUCK posted above. Several of us P5 owners have used boat drink holders, available from several suppliers with prices as low as $3.99 each for plastic to $12 and above for SS . Here is a photo of mine installed.
Dash1
Simple process: Pull out the OEM cup holder
Open up the hole to accept new cup holder (there are different OD of marine cup holders so be sure to have the cupholder before opening up the hole)
Press fit marine cup holder in place (I used a clear silicone caulk to help seal around cup holder)

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
how do you pop out the original holders?
Two tabs about mid-depth of the factory holders. One in the front and another in the rear. I think the rear one was a little larger and it was easier to remove if that one was popped free via a screwdriver (or similar) first and then repeat on the front one.

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
I bought the marine ones pior, but they do not hold a 30 oz tumbler very well. I installed the CrossRoads 3D just over a week ago. Happy with the purchase and install.

View attachment 278488 View attachment 278489

And they look factory, not "Bubba". That's just one of the reasons I did it. Stainless steel gets hotter, and hot quicker, than plastic ever will. Isn't part of the whole idea to have a COOL drink? Vacuum walled stainless can eventually get warm inside and every little bit helps, including plastic holders, in triple digits weather.

Reactions: monaco and CaboJim
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I bought the crossroads cupholders as well. Took all of 8 minutes with a utility knife and I had both installed. Works beautifully with a 30 ounce tumbler (Yeti) for our evening booz-cruize. I can get some pictures.

Rob

Reactions: monaco and CaboJim
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I bought the crossroads cupholders as well. Took all of 8 minutes with a utility knife and I had both installed. Works beautifully with a 30 ounce tumbler (Yeti) for our evening booz-cruize. I can get some pictures.

Rob

These things have me curious. I put the stainless marine ones in mine yrs ago, just friction fit. I would switch over to these if I knew how much had to be cut out, I might have too much cut out already.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I'm not sure I can get mine out to take a picture for you. They are really stuck in there now. If I can find the plastic template you are suppose to use to know how much to trim, I can get you measurements on that.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm not sure I can get mine out to take a picture for you. They are really stuck in there now. If I can find the plastic template you are suppose to use to know how much to trim, I can get you measurements on that.

That would be awesome. I just don't want to order them and find out they won't work with what I've already cut out.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
These things have me curious. I put the stainless marine ones in mine yrs ago, just friction fit. I would switch over to these if I knew how much had to be cut out, I might have too much cut out already.
It's probably <1/8" of material. Literally just shave it off a little bit.

Reactions: trigger
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!