2015 Pioneer 500 power steering install

B

Bigdrag

Sep 7, 2019
Ojai
Ownership

1. 500
Nice..I ended up cutting a ¼ inch from the bracket (enlarging the "notch"). this enabled me to slide the motor and bracket to the left. thanks for your reply! I've a small issue now as it states in the wiring instructions to attach the white wire from the harness to the brown wire from the ignition switch. But no brown wire! I probably just need to find the Switched power lead and connect to that/

Bigdrag
Thanks, It took a while for me to understand the function of the white wire! I guessed it was some sort of lead to a relay that allowed power to reach the motor Or something like that~! Appreciate the help[!

Reactions: Chooglin
B

Bigdrag

Sep 7, 2019
Ojai
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks, It took a while for me to understand the function of the white wire! I guessed it was some sort of lead to a relay that allowed power to reach the motor Or something like that~! Appreciate the help[!
Almost forgot.. Power steering is working perfectly! I like and would recommend it to any other old fart that has arthritis in the joints!

Big drag!

D

doublebase

Dec 25, 2020
warrington, pa
Ownership

1. 500
I installed the Tusk power steering system on my 2015 Pioneer 500 yesterday. First off, it's right up there with the Walker Evans shocks in terms of satisfaction. The install wasn't too bad. I shifted the bracket over to the left as much as possible. There is about 1/4" of space from the resevoir. So far I haven't noticed it rubbing but I'll keep an eye on it. I bought my pioneer used and it already had the harness installed. I connected the white wire to the green wire on the harness. I did run the red/black battery cables all the way back to the battery but I'm wondering if I needed to do that. Could I have just connected the red cable to another hot on the harness and grounded the black to the frame? I wasn't sure so I followed the directions and ran the red/black to the battery and connected the white to a hot off that harness. It took me about 4 hours to install but I took my good old time and made sure all the cables were routed nicely. Anti seized all the bolts. Very happy with this mod. I think I paid 525$.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudder and trigger
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I installed the Tusk power steering system on my 2015 Pioneer 500 yesterday. First off, it's right up there with the Walker Evans shocks in the way of satisfaction. The install wasn't too bad. I shifted the bracket over to the left as much as possible. There is about 1/4" of space from the resevoir. So far I haven't noticed it rubbing but I'll keep an eye on it. I bought my pioneer used and it already had the harness installed. I connected the white wire to the green wire on the harness. I did run the red/black battery cables all the way back to the battery but I'm wondering if I needed to do that. Could I have just connected the red cable to another hot on the harness and grounded the black to the frame? I wasn't sure so I followed the directions and ran the red/black to the battery and connected the white to a hot off that harness. It took me about 4 hours to install but I took my good old time and made sure all the cables were routed nicely. Anti seized all the bolts. Very happy with this mod. I think I paid 525$.
You did right. The power steering motor is at 220 amps at max. I’m thinking the honda sub harness splits 4 power leads on a 10 amp rating.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!