2016 Pioneer 1000

P

PearlWhiteGT

Jul 21, 2022
South Texas
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Looking at a 2016 Pioneer 1000 locally from the original owner. No known issues with it. It has 714 hours and 1421 miles. Can possibly purchase it for $6800 if all checks out. I don't know much about these machines so could really use some advice here. Are these model years good to go? Anything I should be checking on it when I go to look at it? What's average pricing on these machines for this tear model with hours and miles? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
If you can buy a running P1K for 6,800 you are getting a steal. I call Dibs if you don’t buy it at that price!
Fixed it for you.

At that price I'd be thinking it's a scam or is completely trashed. If not and it runs and drives pay the man the money before he changes his mind.

P

PearlWhiteGT

Jul 21, 2022
South Texas
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
It definitely is legit. i have not gone to see it in person yet but plan on it later today. What's the average price going for on one in this year range? Are the 714 hours considered high? It only has 1421 miles which I think is low. Here are a couple of pics of it.

Honda
Honda 1

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It definitely is legit. i have not gone to see it in person yet but plan on it later today. What's the average price going for on one in this year range? Are the 714 hours considered high? It only has 1421 miles which I think is low.
Seriously inventory is low and prices are high. They could probably sell it for 10k more than they are asking if it is running/driving in less than 48 hours.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is the clutch update?
It was a product improvement campaign (not a recall). Improved clutch cooling. Some 2016’s were failing clutches early. There is a thread in here about it if you search for it. “Clutch cover” will probably get you there.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
4th post in this thread will tell you how to visually confirm it was done or not…

P

PearlWhiteGT

Jul 21, 2022
South Texas
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Thanks, if for some reason I don't end up using the machine as much as I think I would or decide that I really don't need it would I be able to sell it for a profit? If I purchase it the first things I'd do is give it a good wash and cleaning and change all the fluids then go from there. Guess I don't want to put money and time into it and then sell it at a later date for a loss or break even.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks, if for some reason I don't end up using the machine as much as I think I would or decide that I really don't need it would I be able to sell it for a profit? If I purchase it the first things I'd do is give it a good wash and cleaning and change all the fluids then go from there. Guess I don't want to put money and time into it and then sell it at a later date for a loss or break even.
As said, if it runs good then you can flip it for $10k as it sits.
The pictures look very good.
Clutch's and the clutch update would be a concern, but not enough of a concern to pass it up at 7k.
Talk him down a few hundred and snatch it up.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2 mph average? That would be hard to accomplish if you tried. I wonder if it was farm chores or what?

If it's advertised anywhere, it was already sold while you hesitated to post here.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, you’re probably not going to get much use out of it. Go ahead and give me the guys name and number and I’ll save you the worry. I’ll give a $69 finders fee even. 🤣😂🤣😂
Seriously I hope it works out and you get the deal of the year.

P

PearlWhiteGT

Jul 21, 2022
South Texas
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I'll probably take $6500 cash with me and if it all checks out I'll offer $6000 first and see where we go from there. Only way I will buy it is if I'm getting a smoking deal that way I don't lose any money if I need to sell it. Couple more pics of it.

Honda 2
Honda 3

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Look for evidence that it has been submerged in mud and water and test drive it. If it passes your inspection it's a steal at $6800. I would not risk bargain myself out of a good buy if it's in good shape.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!