NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look for evidence that it has been submerged in mud and water and test drive it. If it passes your inspection it's a steal at $6800. I would not risk bargain myself out of a good buy if it's in good shape.
Hey I’ve already got “Dibs”. He should offer the guy half his asking price. Just don’t forget to give me his name and number.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Looks like I won't be able to look at it till next week. The guy works 15 hour days and doesn't get home till around midnight. Said next week he will be working nights and can show it during the day.
Make sure u get him to hold it for u somehow

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like I won't be able to look at it till next week. The guy works 15 hour days and doesn't get home till around midnight. Said next week he will be working nights and can show it during the day.
I’d make a midnight appointment then

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I would ask him if I could send him a deposit check to hold the Pioneer subject to passing my inspection.

Twenty plus years ago I negotiated a deep discounted price on a pristine one-owner Travel Supreme 5th wheel for sale by owner in Michigan. Circumstances forced me to wait a few days before traveling to Michigan to buy it. The morning I was on my way with cash in hand, already 250 miles from home the seller called. A local had offered him more for his 5er!

You can't win them all.

A deposit check might not have held him to our agreed deal but it might have helped.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So is this machine advertised on did you get hooked up with the seller some other way? If it's advertised, he's telling the same thing to several, perhaps dozens of people.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So is this machine advertised on did you get hooked up with the seller some other way? If it's advertised, he's telling the same thing to several, perhaps dozens of people.
Yeah the scam thing runs well on too good to be true stuff like this. Unless you know the seller I wouldn’t put money down. Worst case you miss a deal but it might just save ya from being taken for a ride too.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Right, that's why there's no way I put money down.

Unless this is a friend of the family or something, and you learned he's thinking about selling it through that channel, my scam sensors are going off.

P

PearlWhiteGT

Jul 21, 2022
South Texas
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
It's posted on a site that gets little traffic. He posted it about 5 days ago with a price of $8K.

Reactions: Smitty335
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Every purchase or sale involves some risk. Long distance transactions always involve a little more risk. I've always been willing to take some risks to achieve what I want. Most buyers and sellers are just ordinary honest Americans like me and probably those of you in this discussion. I guess the secret is discerning between the two.

I've completed quite a few distance purchases and sales over the years and never cheated anyone or got burned. If I talk to someone on the phone I usually get enough clues to make a decision and trust the other party.

I owned and managed what grew to seven single family rental homes over a fifteen year period in a university town renting mostly to students. I was rarely wrong in the decisions I made. I was disappointed a couple of times but never lost money on a house or leasing decision.

Most people are basically honest but I avoid giving them temptations and always take some reasonable precautions.

P

PearlWhiteGT

Jul 21, 2022
South Texas
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I agree, I can get a pretty good feel on someone after conversating with them. I'm always looking for great deals on things I want or things I can flip. Couple of months ago my buddy offered to pretty much give me his 2009 Polaris Ranger 700 XP that had been parked for about a year. He was the original owner and the machine had 910 hours and 6100 miles. Once I got it home I started trying to figure out what was going on with it. The fuel pump was bad and the fuel tank was filthy. Took care of both those issues and a broken wire harness and got it running. Replaced the primary drive clutch, belt, axles, fluids and a few other things. I'm into it for about $2K including what I paid for it. If I can get the Pioneer I will sell the Ranger for hopefully what I pay for the Pioneer. Here are a few pics of when I got it home, working on it and after I was done with it.

EONZvAr
PK9dynp
CQASPmk
NCTn6pe
RjWnjoB
8f2a0ur

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I agree, I can get a pretty good feel on someone after conversating with them. I'm always looking for great deals on things I want or things I can flip. Couple of months ago my buddy offered to pretty much give me his 2009 Polaris Ranger 700 XP that had been parked for about a year. He was the original owner and the machine had 910 hours and 6100 miles. Once I got it home I started trying to figure out what was going on with it. The fuel pump was bad and the fuel tank was filthy. Took care of both those issues and a broken wire harness and got it running. Replaced the primary drive clutch, belt, axles, fluids and a few other things. I'm into it for about $2K including what I paid for it. If I can get the Pioneer I will sell the Ranger for hopefully what I pay for the Pioneer. Here are a few pics of when I got it home, working on it and after I was done with it.

View attachment 344894
View attachment 344895
View attachment 344896
View attachment 344897
View attachment 344898
View attachment 344899
I thought you said you were new to S X S's in your first post?

Reactions: Backwoods
P

PearlWhiteGT

Jul 21, 2022
South Texas
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I thought you said you were new to S X S's in your first post?
Meant new to the Honda ones. But honestly I am new to all these side by sides. I have never touched one until I got the Ranger. Did lots of research and watching YouTube to figure out what I was doing.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
You sound like a modern version oi a "horse trader."

Nothing wrong with buying cheap, repairing, and selling for a profit. It's still a free-market economy although the political party currently in power would like to change that. It was the American way.

P

PearlWhiteGT

Jul 21, 2022
South Texas
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
If I can purchase the Pioneer I’m selling the Ranger. Will most likely hang onto the Pioneer and see how well it works for me during hunting season. If I feel like it’s worth keeping then I will, if not I’ll look to sell or trade it.

Reactions: HBarlow

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!