Holy HOGMANIA!!!!!!!!

Good looking turkey.

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
just now seeing the hunting photos son killed a nice 9 pt. gave the pioneer its first blood. hauled several hogs out. we run 3 hog traps during deer season Fa3ac2ecd789fa955ecb374dc073e816

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
NICE!!!!!
southern arkansas deer. he killed the 2nd largest deer this season. a 10 pointer was killed in the same area that scored 140. he killed the biggest buck out of our youths and we have 10 youths.. kid been hooked since he was 4 years old. shot a ar15 this year at some hogs. hunting, shooting, and base ball and of course riding and driving the pioneer. those things he enjoys. seeing him smile priceless!

J

JTW

southern arkansas deer. he killed the 2nd largest deer this season. a 10 pointer was killed in the same area that scored 140. he killed the biggest buck out of our youths and we have 10 youths.. kid been hooked since he was 4 years old. shot a ar15 this year at some hogs. hunting, shooting, and base ball and of course riding and driving the pioneer. those things he enjoys. seeing him smile priceless!

Is 140 a big deer there? (Not being a dick... just curious!)

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is 140 a big deer there? (Not being a dick... just curious!)
yes in southern arkansas a 140 is a pretty good size deer. they only get so big eating pinecones. it also depends on what part of the state your are in. some barely crack the 100's and that's a giant. some can mimic places where 150s+ are common. we are kinda in between that. and we have a lot of hard woods and bottoms

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

yes in southern arkansas a 140 is a pretty good size deer. they only get so big eating pinecones. it also depends on what part of the state your are in. some barely crack the 100's and that's a giant. some can mimic places where 150s+ are common. we are kinda in between that. and we have a lot of hard woods and bottoms

I always find it interesting what a big deer is in different parts of the country.
This was found about 45 miles from me.. yes. It’s really as big as it looks!

3295FE5C 4E26 41D9 A3D4 5ED1E1FC725B

J

JTW

In the last 20 years our deer size has exploded. Obviously, the one above wasn’t typical but it’s gotten to where I won’t shoot a 140 deer anymore.

Reactions: sharp
crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I always find it interesting what a big deer is in different parts of the country.
This was found about 45 miles from me.. yes. It’s really as big as it looks!

View attachment 71270
holy cow. that's huge. yes I always find it interesting my self. different genetics. also it's always interesting how the rut works. my dad use to hunt 30 miles in another club n their bucks would be chasing does. when ours would be. it weird but neat in a way.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
J

JTW

holy cow. that's huge. yes I always find it interesting my self. different genetics. also it's always interesting how the rut works. my dad use to hunt 30 miles in another club n their bucks would be chasing does. when ours would be. it weird but neat in a way.

Yep.. genetics, food and cover! But genetics is only as good as your food food and cover. Like I say.. our deer have really done well.

It is crazy how the rut can change by area or even day to day. I know exactly what you mean.

J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
View attachment 71060 View attachment 71058 View attachment 71059
Had a great weekend at deer camp for the Turkey Season opener here in TX. Everyone got at least one Gobbler and we took 7 total (5 guys).
The biggest surprise was how many hogs we took, 17 in 3 days! We are not winning the war on the pig population explosion.
I have a new Flir pts 536 thermal scope due in this month that may help reduce the hog population even more.

Let me know if you need any help with the pigs, have rifle and Honda....will travel.

Looks like everyone had a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and JTW
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
In the last 20 years our deer size has exploded. Obviously, the one above wasn’t typical but it’s gotten to where I won’t shoot a 140 deer anymore.

I'll shoot one for you!!!!!

Around here if a deer hits 125, it's a big deer!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Some parts of the country people are lucky just to see one with antlers. Like Pennsylvania and Maine. When it comes to deer we're pretty spoiled in Iowa. We get to see deer regularly that a lot of folks will never see in their life. They think about Iowa deer the way I dream about rocky mountain elk. If we could get more hunters in Iowa to be more conservative on size it would be even better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Some parts of the country people are lucky just to see one with antlers. Like Pennsylvania and Maine. When it comes to deer we're pretty spoiled in Iowa. We get to see deer regularly that a lot of folks will never see in their life. They think about Iowa deer the way I dream about rocky mountain elk. If we could get more hunters in Iowa to be more conservative on size it would be even better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
that's what I teach my son be conservative. dont shoot the small ones. let them grow. if and when it comes to needing meat shoot a doe. yes deer size has exploded over the past 20 years. I still remember when people would pose for a picture with a spike. lol. I just hope it just get better with work and effort we put into hunting.
hogs have become a big problem. our club killed as many hogs as we did deer.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
that's what I teach my son be conservative. dont shoot the small ones. let them grow. if and when it comes to needing meat shoot a doe. yes deer size has exploded over the past 20 years. I still remember when people would pose for a picture with a spike. lol. I just hope it just get better with work and effort we put into hunting.
hogs have become a big problem. our club killed as many hogs as we did deer.

What's frustrating here is when my son and I passed up four different, nice young bucks in both archery and rifle seasons, some of them multiple times, only to have the neighbors shoot them. Hard to get deer over 100" that way for sure.

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What's frustrating here is when my son and I passed up four different, nice young bucks in both archery and rifle seasons, some of them multiple times, only to have the neighbors shoot them. Hard to get deer over 100" that way for sure.
yes that is very frustrating. we have the same problem. if everyone was on same page.....with antler size (3pt rule arkansas state wide) I can be 10 times better. our camp has a 4pt on one side rule. other camps around us have the same rule so it helps. but.....youth can kill what they want (no antler restrictions) so u get kids blasting up to 2 small bucks with no understanding of what they are doing. I teach mine different that's why 3 years running he has killed the biggest one during youth hunt. and if he kills a 2nd buck (hasnt yet) it has to be bigger than his first. but I know the frustration Iet several legal bucks walk only to hear a gun shot 3mins later. (one of my best stands is near a lease that doesn't practice the 4pt on one side rule.)

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The ONE good management tool that the state implemented here was a no spike rule. (except for youth weekend) With the thick nasty stuff here, making people look to see that there is at least a second point on one side lets a lot of would have been shot deer get away. That is (sadly) why we are getting a few deer in the 120 class. Wish that people would look long term rather than for just right now.

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think we are entering our 20th year of the 3 point on one side rule. it has done us good in my opinion. it is one of the best management tools game fish implemented.
1. it has allowed deer to get older
2. it makes hunters slow down a little before shooting.
3. less dog running as a result of the 3pt rule.
back when I was growing up we ran dogs n they could run a deer into the next zip code.
no dogs has allowed us to see more rut activity and keep deer In certain spots witch allows us to watchem grow. n for years youth had to follow this just as well. they dont have to now. but your 1 year old didn't shoot that 7 mag at that spike. so they have a minimum age now that 6 years old.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Kansas deer are always bigger than Missouri deer, Northern Missouri are like Kansas

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: nbomar

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!