2017 Honda Pioneer Hunting Pics.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Kansas deer are always bigger than Missouri deer, Northern Missouri are like Kansas

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

14af888bcef557b950210ed73902b272 my “big” buck from right outside Cassville at our farm. The drop was pretty awesome. This is the first buck I’ve shot. I wouldn’t shoot a spike or young deer and only been hunting them about 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 71360 my “big” buck from right outside Cassville at our farm. The drop was pretty awesome. This is the first buck I’ve shot. I wouldn’t shoot a spike or young deer and only been hunting them about 5 years.

That's a nice one

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 71360 my “big” buck from right outside Cassville at our farm. The drop was pretty awesome. This is the first buck I’ve shot. I wouldn’t shoot a spike or young deer and only been hunting them about 5 years.

If that's your first....... GREAT start.

What do you have lined up for this year?

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If that's your first....... GREAT start.

What do you have lined up for this year?

That was 2 seasons ago. I passed on everything this year. Took a shot at a couple does a few hundred yards out on closing day. Never sighted my rifle and just “assumed” it was still set from previous years... it’s WAY off. Won’t make that mistake again.

Reactions: BWAF
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That was 2 seasons ago. I passed on everything this year. Took a shot at a couple does a few hundred yards out on closing day. Never sighted my rifle and just “assumed” it was still set from previous years... it’s WAY off. Won’t make that mistake again.

Fiberglass stock will help for sure.

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

yeah if that one is your 1st that's a heck of a start. if u have a big enough farm and no one hunts near you can grow some big ones. I always take the rifle to the range before the season. good scope good mounts it's more practicing. hate to miss a big one just to find out the gun was off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
yeah if that one is your 1st that's a heck of a start. if u have a big enough farm and no one hunts near you can grow some big ones. I always take the rifle to the range before the season. good scope good mounts it's more practicing. hate to miss a big one just to find out the gun was off.

Have you ever met nbomar in person, it wasn't his scope, he's goggle eyed, couldn't hit the board side of a barn at 5 feet! HA! Doesn't take much to knock a scope out of whack!

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you ever met nbomar in person, it wasn't his scope, he's goggle eyed, couldn't hit the board side of a barn at 5 feet! HA! Doesn't take much to knock a scope out of whack!
Haha! no I have not met nbomar but hope to meet some of your crazy guys on a ride this year. I use to hunt with a high mount scope on a 30.30 man I know how easy it is to knock them off! blue locktight on all my scope screws now. old man used mom's clear nail polish. and rifle range every year. got into a habit of doing that and it practice if they are good. n my dad reloads now.

Reactions: BWAF and Smitty335
Outfitter

Outfitter

Dec 3, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 1690
Yep.. genetics, food and cover! But genetics is only as good as your food food and cover. Like I say.. our deer have really done well.

It is crazy how the rut can change by area or even day to day. I know exactly what you mean.

I'd add one more factor besides genetics, food and cover.......age. Have to let them go if you want them to grow.
We have been working our place for about 15 years trying to see what it will produce. We started with bucks in the 120 class and weighing about the same. We did some major land management changes by opening up areas to creat more edge habitats along with adding some protein feeders during stress times and now have does mostly having 2 fawns and by passing on young bucks we now see a nice selection of 4,5 and 6 year olds that are getting up close to 200# which is a hoss in North Texas.
Here are a couple of our younger hunters with their buck mounts that they just got back.

The one on the right scored 162 and change.

J

JTW

View attachment 71560

I'd add one more factor besides genetics, food and cover.......age. Have to let them go if you want them to grow.
We have been working our place for about 15 years trying to see what it will produce. We started with bucks in the 120 class and weighing about the same. We did some major land management changes by opening up areas to creat more edge habitats along with adding some protein feeders during stress times and now have does mostly having 2 fawns and by passing on young bucks we now see a nice selection of 4,5 and 6 year olds that are getting up close to 200# which is a hoss in North Texas.
Here are a couple of our younger hunters with their buck mounts that they just got back.

Exactly!! They don’t get big by being stupid.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 71560

Nice deer for sure. Never get to see something like that around here. We only have 350 acres and it seems as though as soon as they leave our property one of the neighbors shoots them. Congratulations. It must be exciting to see the fruits of your labors.

Reactions: BWAF and Landman
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 71560

Nice deer!

Outfitter

Outfitter

Dec 3, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 1670
IMG 1652
I
IMG 1600
One other thing we have worked hard at is keeping the predator population in check. We have had a couple of wet years which increased the rabbit and mouse populations and then the predators exploded. We do some bait sites, calling and night hunts. Just never know what will turn up when your calling predators. We have Bobcat, Fox, Yotes and the occasional Mountain Lion. Great mix of terrain, creek bottom, Mesquite flats and lots of Cedar ridges. We have just under 2,000 acres and some really good fishing too. Our little slice of heaven.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
More than a slice of heaven!!!!

Huntnbuddy2

Huntnbuddy2

Lifetime Member
Apr 23, 2017
Sand Mtn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 71736 View attachment 71735 I View attachment 71734 One other thing we have worked hard at is keeping the predator population in check. We have had a couple of wet years which increased the rabbit and mouse populations and then the predators exploded. We do some bait sites, calling and night hunts. Just never know what will turn up when your calling predators. We have Bobcat, Fox, Yotes and the occasional Mountain Lion. Great mix of terrain, creek bottom, Mesquite flats and lots of Cedar ridges. We have just under 2,000 acres and some really good fishing too. Our little slice of heaven.

I thought no one ever hunted with one of those devious military looking weapons that only should be for war!!! I hope you don't let anyone under the age of 21 use that dreadful looking gun. It is only good for killing people and only by someone over 21. Please note this is all sarcasm and don't start giving me hell.

You can tell by my forum name i love these pictures and finally got a scope on my AR so i can use it for varmint hunting and taking my young nephew with me and let him get a yote.

Huntnbuddy2

Huntnbuddy2

Lifetime Member
Apr 23, 2017
Sand Mtn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
IMG 0130
IMG 0131
IMG 0133

Top pic is a deer killed in TN with bow a any after a tornado blew threw at LBL in TN, ducks are from Arkansas. Second deer is my first antlered buck killed 30 years ago in SC. Banded snow goose killed in southern illiniois. If buck isn't larger than the LBL kill, i probably wont shoot it. More of a meat hunter now. So i kill lots of does and let the bucks go for others to shoot. Can't eat antlers and don't really have room on walls for any more deer heads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Outfitter
Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks like this will be it for Spring 2018. I had one of those dreaded treadmill accidents that tore the quad ligament and resulted in knee surgery so a turkey hunt is probably not going to happen. I usually hunt Kansas for turkey and then if I get drawn here come back and get that hunt in. I may still get a Kansas hunt in around the middle of May but I think AZ is out this year.

IMG 1537 IMG 1538

J

JTW

Looks like this will be it for Spring 2018. I had one of those dreaded treadmill accidents that tore the quad ligament and resulted in knee surgery so a turkey hunt is probably not going to happen. I usually hunt Kansas for turkey and then if I get drawn here come back and get that hunt in. I may still get a Kansas hunt in around the middle of May but I think AZ is out this year.

View attachment 71801 View attachment 71802
See what staying healthy does to ya!! Get well soon!

Huntnbuddy2

Huntnbuddy2

Lifetime Member
Apr 23, 2017
Sand Mtn
Ownership

1. 1000-3

That is why you should stay away from those contraptions. Hope your recovery is quick.

Reactions: Lynn1130
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Much better/safer to get you exercise in the hills!
Hope that your recovery is quick.

Reactions: Lynn1130 and BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!