E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Some great looking work you have pictures of. Really like the sleeping bear.

Reactions: sharp
Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Found this guy last night. My buddy shot him this morning.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How does one go about getting hooked up to hunt with you all and pricing? I think we'd want less of a "guided" and more of a scouted type of hunt.

It all depends on how many preference points you have for elk in Coloardo. The more points you have, the better the area you can hunt. If you have points saved up, I can point you in the right direction for a DIY hunt. The other option is to buy a voucher for a good unit and go on a guided hunt.
If you don't want to buy a voucher or have points saved up, then you are stuck going to an over-the-counter unit that has unlimited number of hunters in there. I've never hunted any of the OTC units so can't give much advice on those units.

J

JTW

It all depends on how many preference points you have for elk in Coloardo. The more points you have, the better the area you can hunt. If you have points saved up, I can point you in the right direction for a DIY hunt. The other option is to buy a voucher for a good unit and go on a guided hunt.
If you don't want to buy a voucher or have points saved up, then you are stuck going to an over-the-counter unit that has unlimited number of hunters in there. I've never hunted any of the OTC units so can't give much advice on those units.
How much is a voucher?

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Price is determined by the landowner that got the voucher. He can ask anything he wants. Some premium vouchers go for $10,000. Most are $1000-3000

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wow you guys are in the Big leagues.My local archery season comes in tomorrow.Been waiting to feed the new Hoyte.

Reactions: Bowhunter
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A good friend has been struggling the past three weeks looking for a Ram. This morning, I found 9 rams. Called him and he was 5 miles from his truck about 50 miles away from me. Took him 2 hrs to get to me but there was no rush. The Rams had bedded down. These were the first Rams he had seen in 3 weeks.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Been running up above timberline this week after elk. A few smaller bulls and cows but nothing big yet. Found this amazing moose the other day. I'll be looking for his sheds next spring.
The trail up to this area is solid rock for about 6 miles. I got tired of all the rattles and found out almost all the noise was coming from the bed. I raised up the adjustable latch so it holds the bed tighter and almost all of the rattles went away, huge difference.

Image Image

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Been chasing cats the past month. Today was a crazy day. We had 4 or 5 different lions on our place today. One of the females had 3 young kittens with her. We found two kills that were only about 300 yards from each other that were made by different lions. We caught one pretty quick then ran up the road to another property and found a huge Tom with a female.

This cat had a GPS collar on.

You can see the size difference between a 160-170 lb. Tom and a 90 lb. female.

The reason we have so many lions!
T

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!