2017 P700-4

B

bdk437

May 11, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just bought this ride and very happy except the suspension is a little light.
I don't need to lift it any further but would like to upgrade the shocks.

What are people happy with?

Reactions: sharp and Jshell3
J

Jshell3

Well, HELLO bdk437. Welcome to the forum. I don't own the 700... But I know someone who does! @Tramguage1

Maybe since I tagged him, he'll chime in w/ some advice. I'm sure others will, as well.

Congrats on the new ride. Post up some pictures. Don't be shy!

Reactions: sharp
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the forum

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Commander shocks are the BEST thing ive done to my 700-4. It will give you 2 1/2" lift withe them set on lowest setting. The ride is 100% better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jshell3 and sharp
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just Googled the Fox shocks, damn there high. I would say that if you couldnt get any Commander shocks then this could be an option. Or maybe buy new Commander shocks.

Reactions: sharp
B

bdk437

May 11, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Commander shocks are the BEST thing if done to my 700-4. It will give you 2 1/2" lift withe them set on lowest setting. The ride is 100% better.

I don't want to lift it anymore. Is their a shock out there that will improve the ride without lifting it?

Reactions: Jshell3 and sharp
Dribbles

Dribbles

Apr 30, 2017
Land O Lakes, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't want to lift it anymore. Is their a shock out there that will improve the ride without lifting it?

For the 700 has to be Fox podium 1.5s. I've done hours of research on shocks after the takeover ride. FYI I have 2017 700-2 deluxe. I will not bottom out next year! I verified with the dealer that you can set the Fox shocks to factory height with the factory wheels and tires. Currently I have to keep my machine in the garage and it's a 7 foot door. I have 1 inch to spare.

Best part about the shocks are they have multiple settings. You can keep same height, raise or lower. If you keep the same height Honda will warranty all parts. Again another important feature for me since I purchased the extended warranty and verified with dealer. If you want to add aftermarket tires and rims you can get 2 inches or so out of the shocks. Won't need a body lift.

Spoke to a guy who put them on his 700-4 and he said the ride was game changing! I went to dealer today and worked out a deal for the set of 4 Fox shocks. Getting installed tomorrow and I pick up Thursday.

2nd battery install project this weekend and I will post some pics when I'm done.

Then time to ride!

B

bdk437

May 11, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
For the 700 has to be Fox podium 1.5s. I've done hours of research on shocks after the takeover ride. FYI I have 2017 700-2 deluxe. I will not bottom out next year! I verified with the dealer that you can set the Fox shocks to factory height with the factory wheels and tires. Currently I have to keep my machine in the garage and it's a 7 foot door. I have 1 inch to spare.

Best part about the shocks are they have multiple settings. You can keep same height, raise or lower. If you keep the same height Honda will warranty all parts. Again another important feature for me since I purchased the extended warranty and verified with dealer. If you want to add aftermarket tires and rims you can get 2 inches or so out of the shocks. Won't need a body lift.

Spoke to a guy who put them on his 700-4 and he said the ride was game changing! I went to dealer today and worked out a deal for the set of 4 Fox shocks. Getting installed tomorrow and I pick up Thursday.

2nd battery install project this weekend and I will post some pics when I'm done.

Then time to ride!

Thanks!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Then time to ride!
Sweeeet!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!