2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE Stalling Issues

T

trpassin

Jun 2, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was wondering if anyone has had issues with their Pioneer 1000-5 LE stalling out and unable to idle for a period of time? The rpms will just drop while idling and stall. Also, stalling going down hills or if I take my foot off the gas for any short time.

Reactions: TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome fellow Michigander.

I havent had those issues. What miles? Check your wires, molex connectors etc.

Oh BTW...PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN! ;)

S

splechteradam

Jun 1, 2021
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was wondering if anyone has had issues with their Pioneer 1000-5 LE stalling out and unable to idle for a period of time? The rpms will just drop while idling and stall. Also, stalling going down hills or if I take my foot off the gas for any short time.
I’m also having pioneer 1000 three seater stalling out while driving down the road.

Engine light flashes 10 long and 2 fast

or

11 long and 1 fast...
Any help on what these codes could be would be appreciated? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: TxDoc
H

HondaTech

I’m also having pioneer 1000 three seater stalling out while driving down the road.

Engine light flashes 10 long and 2 fast

or

11 long and 1 fast...
Any help on what these codes could be would be appreciated? Thanks in advance.

Your issue is injector related.
There have been instances of broken wires at the injector connectors (mainly on 2016 models). Id start there if the code is consistently 12.

Reactions: Smitty335 and TxDoc
T

trpassin

Jun 2, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only 1700 miles on it. Thanks! Brought it to the Honda Dealer, but they are having no luck. I only drove it 15 miles.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
T

trpassin

Jun 2, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, after 2 weeks in the shop they finally concluded the computer was fried and the rectifier regulator was cracked and leaking an unknown fluid. They replaced the computer and it runs great. The regulator was on back order, so they did not replace it yet. Originally they told me that the cracked regulator is what fried the computer, but then proceeded to say they were not sure. Has anyone heard if this happening before? Just curious as the technicians struggled with everything.

T

trpassin

Jun 2, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
5C3CEE4D FACD 42D1 873D 1BDE7AB4C14E

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!