Pioneer 1000-5 ?s

T

TurnMeLooseFL

Lifetime Member
Dec 28, 2023
Highlands County, FL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I know there are differences between the looks and styling of the different Pioneer 1000-5s years, and I know there are differences in the 1000-5 normal/trail/deluxe/etc, but are there any updates between the years? Are there performance or suspension upgrades that make the newer ones better than the older ones? Quite a few around my area and I'm wondering if I'm better off with a newer one compared to the 2016 I'm looking at.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
2016-2017 models needed an upgrade to the clutch/clutch cover, it was done under warranty for most if it was brought back to the dealer in time. Other than that not much changed until 2022 when it got updates to the power steering, front A-arm mounts & grill/hood.

Do a search for the clutch update, you'll see how to identify if the one you're looking at has the upgraded cover.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Never heard of a 100-5🤔
So no known differences but the 100cc and a 1000 cc For power

We encourage to Use the search up top first for your questions before starting a new thread. Chances are weve covered it already.
Cuz we know a thing or two cuz weve seen a thing or two😉 ba ba da ba bum bum ba!

And what @906UP said

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I know there are differences between the looks and styling of the different Pioneer 1000-5s years, and I know there are differences in the 1000-5 normal/trail/deluxe/etc, but are there any updates between the years? Are there performance or suspension upgrades that make the newer ones better than the older ones? Quite a few around my area and I'm wondering if I'm better off with a newer one compared to the 2016 I'm looking at.
love toy shopping with other peoples money, its the best, what they said above plus

-can you get some pics\screen shots
-miles and hours
-what was it used for
-any history on it
-private or dealer sale
-accessories are a personal thingy and other than a winch the windshields, roofs, winches and lites are ez bolt ons (not build items lol)

the platform is almost 10 years old, so what

basic mechanical stuff applies, jack up check wheel bearings, grab axles, grab driveshafts, check frame for rot at that age, smell\visual on the engine oil

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
They say the kook who makes them lives in bay city and plays with his dingo 🤦‍♂️🙄🤣

#NOMO
Hey Baconantor
IMG 5562

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2016-2017 models needed an upgrade to the clutch/clutch cover, it was done under warranty for most if it was brought back to the dealer in time. Other than that not much changed until 2022 when it got updates to the power steering, front A-arm mounts & grill/hood.

Do a search for the clutch update, you'll see how to identify if the one you're looking at has the upgraded cover.
Don’t forget the bold new graphics…

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
On the new 1000-5’s, I think they upped the HP and torque a tad too.

Pretty sure that's only on the red ones Mopar. :rolleyes:
That’s funny, my ‘22 green one has all the updates.

‘22 as mentioned had A arms beefed up. Upgrades to engine, Like others have said, slight improvements in the under seat heating issue, but you get nifty storage areas. The aftermarket Trigger Shield still works the best.

The upgrades are worth the extra money for a ‘22 model in my opinion. But Hey, if you get a good deal on an older one, why not take it ?

RoyLee89

RoyLee89

Dec 31, 2019
Staunton Va, & Okeechobee, FL.
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X4

4. Big Red
2021 or 2022 honda changed a few things in the P1k Sub trans. Comes stock with Talon reverse gear and a few other upgraded parts as well. These subtrans changes help reduce the Reverse and Low engagement problems. You can find all that info in other chats.

but all in all if you find a good deal on a older unit and is good shape. AKA never sunk or has had water in any of the oils. Then take the deal and do the little upgrades on the way.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!