P1000 2018 1000-5 Pioneer Oil Tank Cover

T

Tbapp

Aug 18, 2020
Fort Lauderdale
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Heeelp! Has anyone removed the oil tank cover? Long story short, motor mount broke and rubbed a hole on the oil tank cover. We can not get the oil tank cover out past the frame with all 14 bolts out. No matter what angle it will not drop out. Has anyone done this?

Reactions: Isaiah
H

HondaTech

it's a hassle, but it will come out. I'm assuming you've removed the oil cooler? It's the large round puck with the large holt through the center and 2 coolant lines going in.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It won’t come straight back you will have to rotate it counterclockwise a little and wiggle

H

HondaTech

Also have you replaced the broken mount?

If the engine is still leaning from where it should be it could be more difficult.

Reactions: ohanacreek
T

Tbapp

Aug 18, 2020
Fort Lauderdale
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We did think about the lean of motor and the mount is on order. Just was hoping to keep moving forward. We have lifted it with some pry bars in the meanwhile hoping to wiggle it out. No such luck, so far.

T

Tbapp

Aug 18, 2020
Fort Lauderdale
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have definitely been trying to rotate all direction just seems hit something every which way.

T

Tbapp

Aug 18, 2020
Fort Lauderdale
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also have you replaced the broken mount?

If the engine is still leaning from where it should be it could be more difficult.
We did think about the lean of motor and the mount is on order. Just was hoping to keep moving forward. We have lifted it with some pry bars in the meanwhile hoping to wiggle it out. No such luck, so far.

H

HondaTech

Once it's released from the dowels and pulled back it needs to be roatated clockwise I believe to get room around the oil pump.

I can remove them in my sleep, but its hard to describe how to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tbapp and BigOL3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!