P500 2018 P500 arriving tomorrow

LEOshorty

LEOshorty

Dec 26, 2013
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for all the interest! I live in southwest Arkansas (halfway between Little Rock and Texarkana) and had some stuff come up at work today that kept me from picking it up so hopefully tomorrow is the day. I’m on my second set of stock tires on my 2001 Rancher that I bought new from the same dealer as this machine so I hope I’m good until the first set wears out on this one LOL! I also plan to eventually get a back dust shield of some sort once I figure out what I like best. And of course it’s supposed to pour rain for the next two days...

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for all the interest! I live in southwest Arkansas (halfway between Little Rock and Texarkana) and had some stuff come up at work today that kept me from picking it up so hopefully tomorrow is the day. I’m on my second set of stock tires on my 2001 Rancher that I bought new from the same dealer as this machine so I hope I’m good until the first set wears out on this one LOL! I also plan to eventually get a back dust shield of some sort once I figure out what I like best. And of course it’s supposed to pour rain for the next two days...
Congrats on new machine. Your going to love the little beast. I'm still running the original wheels/tires working fine. You really don't want to wait long on the rear window. Makes all the difference and it does block dust,cold air and rain if you have a front windshield. Have fun. I almost forgot, green is fastest, ask 100Acre.

Reactions: AlR and Russ989
LEOshorty

LEOshorty

Dec 26, 2013
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
D03A59E8 96A6 4054 846F CA9E2B89C711
Headed home

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
Congrats, I love my 2018...They are right get rid of the stock tires, mine never even left the dealership.

LEOshorty

LEOshorty

Dec 26, 2013
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I see a lot about dust, are they bad with the windshield open? I was under the impression that without a windshield or with it open the air flowing through would keep it off.

T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
With the windshield off the dust is not to bad. I can live with it. With the windshield on and not open if you do not have some sort of back enclosure you will get covered on dry days. We have not had much problem with that here of late but being from Arkansas you know those dry days are coming.
I have ordered one of triggers rubber noise, heat and dust preventers. Between that and the Tusk back cover I think the dust and heat problem will be minimal.
You are going to enjoy the 500. Great machines IMO.

Reactions: rtn001 and trigger
sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
Like 2dogs said on the dust. I've got the Honda tip out windshield. With just the windshield it'll dust you out, open or closed. With a back panel in it, almost no dust, open or closed. I've got a cheap plastic windshield that I got off Ebay on the back, works just fine. It was made for a Razor.

ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
I see a lot about dust, are they bad with the windshield open? I was under the impression that without a windshield or with it open the air flowing through would keep it off.
I use mine every day on a ranch/shooting range in New Mexico. We have dust so fine it gets in through the seams of your boots. I haven't noticed a problem without a windshield. I did install a Superatv flip up right before winter, and haven't noticed it being a problem with it up, down, or in between so far.

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
rain makes mud. mud makes fun. be the machine. be the mud. be the machine in the mud. be the rain. be all you can be....:cool:

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had the Honda OEM flip up windshield. IMHO, it didn't let in enough air at times plus, it became difficult to see through it, once it became heavily covered in dust. After flopping over enough times, the windshield finally cracked in a few places which then spread. Bad enough that it was time for a new one. I went ahead and bought the SUPERATV one and have been vey happy with it since. Definitely get a rear panel and I bought the one with the zippered window for ease when trailered at interstate speeds. I just unzip it and roll it up. I have left it closed though, especially having the windshield on reduces the stress on the zipper when traveling. Spray the zipper with lubricant.
IMG 5669

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I can't stand trail riding with a full shield and only own one for cold weather and plowing. You can buy the best one they make and it's going to hinder your vision, dust, mud, water, scratches and sun glare. I run the half shield as much as possible and wear motorcycle glasses, when they get too dusty I hand them to the wife. :cool:

T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
Here in the south from early summer till frost the woods trails are loaded with hard shell spiders. Never been bit by one but between the webs and the spiders crawling on you it is not much fun. No kidding having a couple hundred inside the cab is no exaggeration. I opted for the windshield. It easily stops nearly all of them from crawling on you. Yes it is much warmer but it comes down to being hot or swatting spiders constantly. Then when you get back any survivors build the machine full of webs. Not fun.

LEOshorty

LEOshorty

Dec 26, 2013
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the tips! I’m ordering the Super ATV flip up windshield this week, I’ll figure out which back panel after that. The Strongmade bumper looks like a good spot for an antenna or flag mount to keep the spider webs busted and it’s getting ordered too.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the tips! I’m ordering the Super ATV flip up windshield this week, I’ll figure out which back panel after that. The Strongmade bumper looks like a good spot for an antenna or flag mount to keep the spider webs busted and it’s getting ordered too.
I definitely think you’ll like the super Atv windshield.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You may want to look into the Kolpin hard rear windshield, it will be easier to clean than the soft rear panel.

Reactions: LEOshorty

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!