2018 Pioneer 700 deluxe issues

M

mikerog

Dec 27, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Had my Pioneer 700 out this Saturday for ride and it suddenly engine started running erratic and then just died on me. All indicators on dash screen flashed as it died. It cranked right back up and I proceeded only to have it occur 2 more times. This has never happened. Engine overheating light did not come on. Machine is well maintained and serviced. Plugs new, oil ok. I waited 5 minutes, poured 16 ounce of water on engine then cranked it up and it ran fine again. I have read others have had a similar issue and have solved by replacing fuel injector wire harness and PCM. Any suggestions out there on what might have happened. I fear it is going to happen again since it now occurred and their must be some issue. Also, I cannot find anything on internet on steps to change coolant in the Pioneer 700. Hate paying a dealer to do something I feel I can do. Any detailed steps or video how to do this would be appreciated. I only have 1300 miles on machine. thanks

IMG 0049

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
my Pioneer 700
First off Welcome From Michigan.
You have 2 post now since Joining last December and no pics.
Rule #4 Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
we like pics And Visual Verification ;)

As for your problem, did you swamp it? Also check your grounds especially the one on the frame engine. I just had one that deteriorated and went bad on my P1. It was causing some erratic Idling and weird electrical that would shut it down. So check that.
also, If your over heating, wash the fuc out if that radiator, youll be surprised what you find. You have only 1,300 miles on that machine So u say cuz we have no pics yet for verification🤨🥳 you dont need to change the coolant at that milage unless you swamped it so leave it alone. But if you insist, use the search up top and be patient and read through. Its in there.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Had my Pioneer 700 out this Saturday for ride and it suddenly engine started running erratic and then just died on me. All indicators on dash screen flashed as it died. It cranked right back up and I proceeded only to have it occur 2 more times. This has never happened. Engine overheating light did not come on. Machine is well maintained and serviced. Plugs new, oil ok. I waited 5 minutes, poured 16 ounce of water on engine then cranked it up and it ran fine again. I have read others have had a similar issue and have solved by replacing fuel injector wire harness and PCM. Any suggestions out there on what might have happened. I fear it is going to happen again since it now occurred and their must be some issue. Also, I cannot find anything on internet on steps to change coolant in the Pioneer 700. Hate paying a dealer to do something I feel I can do. Any detailed steps or video how to do this would be appreciated. I only have 1300 miles on machine. thanks
welcome from south Fl

Like Remi said, check all your grounds and let us know. Post a pic or two when you get a chance 😉

What part of FL?

Reactions: Smitty335
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Read through this if you haven't...

Reactions: Smitty335
M

mikerog

Dec 27, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

View attachment 388178
My Pioneer above continues to stop running randomly. Same situation as I described above. Any ideas on what might be causing this.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally found the problem with random shutdown of my Pioneer 700. It was a corroded and loose ground wire. Runs like new now.
Good deal 👍

Thanks for coming back and updating ✌️
Appreciate the update Fo’Sho!
Those damn grounds just seem to solve a lot of random issues. Stupid magic pixies!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!