2018 SXS Tuesday

H

HondaTech

Sales rep said definately a 2018 SXS model in the video tuesday. No other info other than "everybody thinks its going to be the Talon" late video probably around noon EST. Ill post when i see, Honda Pro Kevin will more than likely have it as well. Is the sport coming?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Sales rep said definately a 2018 SXS model in the video tuesday. No other info other than "everybody thinks its going to be the Talon" late video probably around noon EST. Ill post when i see, Honda Pro Kevin will more than likely have it as well. Is the sport coming?

That would be great, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I was informed "not yet". Wishing it does happen though.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Still anxiously waiting.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
We'll have to see what their announcement brings. I can't believe Honda would let that segment of the market just go elsewhere.
But ya never know

advertisement
H

HondaTech

My Sevice Rep explained it pretty good. Japan still rules Honda worldwide, well they sell something like 5 million little commuter bikes worldwide in deceloping countries. Think India, etc. Well American Honda has to bug the hell out of those little Japanese guys and explain to them why they should spend 40 million on a plant in S Carolina to make like 50000 SXS a year and take 10 years to make that money back in profit. But they dont realize those little bikes dont sell here. Plus the boss of Ameican Honda is japanese and use to run a plant where they helped turn out those 5 million new bikes a year. It just takes time to explain to them that it makes sense to invest in the SXS market.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
My Sevice Rep explained it pretty good. Japan still rules Honda worldwide, well they sell something like 5 million little commuter bikes worldwide in deceloping countries. Think India, etc. Well American Honda has to bug the hell out of those little Japanese guys and explain to them why they should spend 40 million on a plant in S Carolina to make like 50000 SXS a year and take 10 years to make that money back in profit. But they dont realize those little bikes dont sell here. Plus the boss of Ameican Honda is japanese and use to run a plant where they helped turn out those 5 million new bikes a year. It just takes time to explain to them that it makes sense to invest in the SXS market.

Sounds like they need to get a bunch of Americans to design there SxS.

C

Chooglin

When and if it ever becomes reality , I hope it's in the 13-14k price range.I am seriously thinking about getting a Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec to replace my 500.
I would hate to get the Wolverine and have them release the Talon the very next week.
I would love to stay with Honda but am tired of waiting on this!

Reactions: pFive and sharp
J

JTW

When and if it ever becomes reality , I hope it's in the 13-14k price range.I am seriously thinking about getting a Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec to replace my 500.
I would hate to get the Wolverine and have them release the Talon the very next week.
Why not a 1000??

C

Chooglin

Mainly price!
To buy a comparable Pioneer to the Yamaha , would be over my budget.

The R-spec comes with the suspension uprade , eps , roof, aluminum wheels and descent tires.

Reactions: Tigermark and JTW
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Sounds like they need to get a bunch of Americans to design there SxS.
Well they need to keep it among the yankees because if they let those hillbillies get involved it'll have 36 to 44" tires and clear 5 gallon bucket by 6" you know because so many are encountered when you're cruising a lot by the slop trough looking for thier girl. And don't forget the black light and multicolor LEDs to accent thier skinny jeans that match othe $450 white yeti cooler.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
We are on the same plan. I'm looking at used Yamaha YXZs. 14 to 15 k should get you one with about 400 miles 2016 Yamaha YXZ 1000R Racing Blue W/ Sun Top /, Herrin IL - - ATVTrader.com

Reactions: Chooglin
J

JTW

Well they need to keep it among the yankees because if they let those hillbillies get involved it'll have 36 to 44" tires and clear 5 gallon bucket by 6" you know because so many are encountered when you're cruising a lot by the slop trough looking for thier girl. And don't forget the black light and multicolor LEDs to accent thier skinny jeans that match othe $450 white yeti cooler.
Yeah but if we let you Yankees design them.. they'll have funny shaft type objects in the seat centers and only allow same sex passengers or minorities!!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yeah but if we let you Yankees design them.. they'll have funny shaft type objects in the seat centers and only allow same sex passengers or minorities!!
Still isn't that much better than the Sado-masochist PoPo with the latex belt design?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!