Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well they need to keep it among the yankees because if they let those hillbillies get involved it'll have 36 to 44" tires and clear 5 gallon bucket by 6" you know because so many are encountered when you're cruising a lot by the slop trough looking for thier girl. And don't forget the black light and multicolor LEDs to accent thier skinny jeans that match othe $450 white yeti cooler.
My cooler isn't a Yeti. Lol.

Reactions: joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I hope I am wrong but I don't see Honda dropping a sport SXS quite yet. Even if they have it perfected, I figured they would want to maximize their P1000 before dropping something that will cannibalize P1000 sales.

I am sure they lost some P700 sales to the P1000 but I bet a pretty good sized chunk of the P1000 sales would get absorbed into a Talon launch. Based on reading here and on other online places a bunch of people bought the P1000 for more sport versus more work uses. I would think to fully amortize all that P1000 tooling they will have to sell quite a few more of them unless the Talon has a bunch in common.

I figured they would go 5 to 7 years before launching a competitor to their own machine.

Of course, they may be thinking they can snatch a bigger share of the sport SXS market away from competitors than they lose out of the P1000. With Polaris burning down and Arctic Cat being eaten and YZX not being an all US setup that pretty much leaves the Can Am Maverick being the best game in town for a sport SXS and I bet it could be surpassed by a Honda DCT machine. (Especially if they have worked out the clutch issue and give it a reasonable gear setup that can dune/trail ride).

I am looking forward to the info.
I think the Talon will sell more Pioneers. It'll get someone past the huge Popo section in the front to the small Honda area in the rear to check it out. The family guys or people that need a multi purpose vehicle may be more likely to but a Pioneer.

Reactions: joeymt33 and JTW
advertisement
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Polaris owns the Sport market but the 2017 Can-Am Maverick is taking a lot of the high end sales from Polaris. 4 of my buddies sold their RZR's and bought the Maverick Turbo. The Maverick Turbo handles great especially when drifting at high speed due to the long wheelbase. Yamaha should have low gear YXZ models in June and also a 4 seat model. The Pioneer 1000 is a good indication that Honda is going after the utility market. The Sport market needs a high quality affordable 4 seat model and I expect we will see one from Honda for 2018 and hopefully tomorrow. I hope Honda has a low geared model for the parts of our country where one never gets over about 40 mph. I want one to build a serious rock crawler. Just different dif gearing would be easy. For the fast markets 80 to 85 mph is fast enough. My Yamaha does 76 in 4th gear at 10,500 rpm and 78 in 5th at around 9,000 rpm. The rev limit is 10,500 and with a reflash the guys go to 11,000 rpm. The Yamaha wheelbase is too short for the high speeds but not for a high end racer. Last year we were running over 70 in the fast sections and we decided to stay below 50 this year and it is still fun drifting at 40 to 50. We are too old to get hurt and still stupid. Some of us never grow up.

J

JTW

Polaris owns the Sport market but the 2017 Can-Am Maverick is taking a lot of the high end sales from Polaris. 4 of my buddies sold their RZR's and bought the Maverick Turbo. The Maverick Turbo handles great especially when drifting at high speed due to the long wheelbase. Yamaha should have low gear YXZ models in June and also a 4 seat model. The Pioneer 1000 is a good indication that Honda is going after the utility market. The Sport market needs a high quality affordable 4 seat model and I expect we will see one from Honda for 2018 and hopefully tomorrow. I hope Honda has a low geared model for the parts of our country where one never gets over about 40 mph. I want one to build a serious rock crawler. Just different dif gearing would be easy. For the fast markets 80 to 85 mph is fast enough. My Yamaha does 76 in 4th gear at 10,500 rpm and 78 in 5th at around 9,000 rpm. The rev limit is 10,500 and with a reflash the guys go to 11,000 rpm. The Yamaha wheelbase is too short for the high speeds but not for a high end racer. Last year we were running over 70 in the fast sections and we decided to stay below 50 this year and it is still fun drifting at 40 to 50. We are too old to get hurt and still stupid. Some of us never grow up.
That's freak'n moving on a trail!! Lol

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Its mostly desert roads and huge wide sand washes. Its difficult to read the sand washes at speeds above 50. The wash outs and holes blend in. We have deer and cattle problems too. Most of my buddies and I raced motorcycles and never got over the need for speed.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Haha Sport Model,Sounds like a joke to me....Honda will do what they always do....BS us with stuff we already know. Then gloat about they're 3 models. I'm with crow hunter and I don't think they want to make one for the same reasons.maybe the 500 will get some bling but no sport 1000

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Maybe, we will know for sure in about 6 hours.

Honda is like Apple. They hide a real plan and cover it up with bulls*** till it debuts then everyone runs out and places orders. We can all hope for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and swsebek
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If it doesnt fit 5, im sticking with my plans to get the 1000-5. Gotta fit the whole family in it. I think that has been one of the huge selling factors (besides being a Honda). People dont have to drive a school bus around to fit their family.

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!