H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
More 2018 motorcycle news. I like the Grom with ABS. We know the Sport models are coming and probably in the next few weeks. Yamaha is announcing new models in mid June. I will wait until late this year before I buy a low geared or 4 seat 2018 Yamaha YXZ. I know the waiting Sucks and I didn't wait. Got over 10,000 miles on my 2016 Yamaha YXZ. It's a high geared Race Track car but it has a high fun factor on the fast paced rides and I don't have to deal with a belt drive and constant problems and failures with the high mileage. I have the Fox Shocks on my Pioneer 1000-3 and its amazing but I really want to replace it with a Honda Sport model. I don't miss any rides and have over 6,000 miles on my P1000-3 and nothing broke.

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
here you go

Images

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
We had the same delays on the Pioneer 1000 so I'm not surprised. I will be highly disappointed if we don't have a 2018 Sport Model. Several months ago Honda said they went from #6 in Utility sales to #2 in 3 years. Honda wants to be #1 in the next few years. To do that it will take a few Sport models and another few years. I expect a new Sport Model each year and another Utility model too.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
We had the same delays on the Pioneer 1000 so I'm not surprised. I will be highly disappointed if we don't have a 2018 Sport Model. Several months ago Honda said they went from #6 in Utility sales to #2 in 3 years. Honda wants to be #1 in the next few years. To do that it will take a few Sport models and another few years. I expect a new Sport Model each year and another Utility model too.

I would have to agree with that theory, the North American motorcycle market is about 250,000 units annually. The side-by-side market in North America has only been around 8 years is rapidly approaching the same number of units annually .

Look at all the different motorcycle models Honda offers in that size market no way will they sit idly by and let that market share escape them in future with only five definitive models as it is

Reactions: jawquin and swsebek
Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
yeah ,, what the story?

I'm still trying to figure this out. HondaPro Kevin even posted earlier that he would have an update shortly and there has been nothing. Naturally, I have to take a pessimistic approach with Honda's announcements. I was really hoping they would announce something as I've sold my P500 and am ready to drop money on a 4-5 seater. Looks like I'll either get the P1000-5 or spend my money on another brand, unfortunately. I've almost given up on Honda. They finally made the 2018 CRF450r compete with the top, but Honda is just not what they used to be. They are now following others and are slow to do so. Unfortunately, these companies get big and many layers and its like pulling teeth to get anything done. It's ironic, because the innovation that made them what they are is abandoned. I'm a little frustrated as I've been hearing rumors and waiting for literally a couple of years now. In that time, other manufacturers have come out with several new iterations.

advertisement
chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
I agree I have wait for a sport model or a cross over between a sport and utility model, but nothing.... all they released today was the 700-4 and 700 model just showing new colors. I wonder if there was a delay o_O

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I agree I have wait for a sport model or a cross over between a sport and utility model, but nothing.... all they released today was the 700-4 and 700 model just showing new colors. I wonder if there was a delay o_O

Was there even anything official released about the 700, or just the image HPK posted?

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Disappointing to say the least. I know tons of ppl around me would buy up a sport model, but RZRs will continue to dominate. My P1K5 exceeds my current needs. But if I were in the market for something sportier the new RZR xp1000 gold edition would top my list. Honda is gonna lose a massive share of the market if they don't act soon.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Wtf. If Polaris can release a new model every three months I think Honda should at least be able to bring a single new model to market this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Wtf. If Polaris can release a new model every three months I think Honda should at least be able to bring a single new model to market this year!

Well 15 Press releases today at 4PM and not a single one about 2018 SXS

News Releases - Honda.com

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ok... So I will break down the release info for you...

Outside of new and removed colors here is your 2018 update: NOTHING!
2018 Pioneer 500 update = NONE
2018 Pioneer 700 update = NONE
2018 Pioneer 1000 update = NONE

BUT...
Dont let that word "NONE" fool you. We know honda is working on some updates they may be keeping on the DL.... This includes solutions to the HEAT and CLUTCH issues. Patents from Honda show changes in the works for both heat control and valve body reworkings. You could find these on your new 2018 Pioneer 1000 as well as other CPSC safety regulations requirements. Its way too soon for hard info on that. Expect to see your first 2018 early winter 2017!

For example.
I just recently found a hidden update for the 2017 models I haven't seen mentioned. Its a new AIR GUIDE PLATE, Part #19071-HL4-F00. Its located under the dash and looks to help redirect heat from the radiator. Presumably to help control heat passing into the cab.
H17SXS1000M3L71

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

When you throw a pile of parts together and throw it at the public....

It could be why there are so many recalls and fires and suspension failures and ball joints and reverse chains and fires and steering linkage and bushings and fires on Polaris models.

You can have something: Economically, quickly, and well built....Pick ONLY two.

Honda is giving you all three relative to the cost that has been put into R&D.

If it's Polaris apparently you only get quickly.

After a Honda I would buy a Can-Am before anything else and a Popo last.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
When you throw a pile of parts together and throw it at the public....

It could be why there are so many recalls and fires and suspension failures and ball joints and reverse chains and fires and steering linkage and bushings and fires on Polaris models.

You can have something: Economically, quickly, and well built....Pick ONLY two.

Honda is giving you all three relative to the cost that has been put into R&D.

If it's Polaris apparently you only get quickly.

After a Honda I would buy a Can-Am before anything else and a Popo last.

We use the following statement:

GOOD, FAST, CHEAP... Pick two.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!