ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like they need to get a bunch of Americans to design there SxS.

Haha...

It would be 75 inches wide and only seat two in the front. Cargo capacity would be limited to 200lbs after passenger weight was accounted for.

Japanese version seats 4 in front and has 1000lb Bed capacity.

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I just want to,be a test pilot. Us 1/2% ers can break it, fix in, and break in again until it can't be broken.

@Windrock1000 I rode with you at the pre-ride and I followed your boys on there ATVs on the Friday ride to the Top of the World (for a
bit) .
Your boys can ride.
You where bringing up the tail end and they just scooted up the mountain,didn't even look back to see where you where.
That P1k is dialed for Tennessee mountains.
I would imagine they are chompin at the bit to get there hands on the P1k.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 0004
@Windrock1000 I rode with you at the pre-ride and I followed your boys on there ATVs on the Friday ride to the Top of the World (for a
bit) .
Your boys can ride.
You where bringing up the tail end and they just scooted up the mountain,didn't even look back to see where you where.
That P1k is dialed for Tennessee mountains.
I would imagine they are chompin at the bit to get there hands on the P1k.

They love riding- it doesn't matter if it's a ATVs, SXS, or in the auto cross cars. They are too young to race on their own but it's getting close. They drive the P1K a little when we are in the mountains- their mother is alway yelling slow down!

It's taken about a year to get a great setup for the P1K. I think it's about perfect now for my riding style. May do a IGR when they get profected. Don't want to get inside the motor until the clutches near the end of their usable life. Great machine. Really has rekindled my off-road spirit.

Enjoyed riding and talking with you. (The picture above is the youngest son riding shotgun at Bristol- blue rancher)
IMG 0004

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
From UTV

Supposedly dropping tomorrow. DCT transmission and maybe trailing arm suspension? Someone thinks it'll have:

1000cc
120hp
18" of travel
30" tires
Automotive cockpit
Bucket seats.
Traction control.

That'd be great, I'll believe it when I can buy it.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I hope I am wrong but I don't see Honda dropping a sport SXS quite yet. Even if they have it perfected, I figured they would want to maximize their P1000 before dropping something that will cannibalize P1000 sales.

I am sure they lost some P700 sales to the P1000 but I bet a pretty good sized chunk of the P1000 sales would get absorbed into a Talon launch. Based on reading here and on other online places a bunch of people bought the P1000 for more sport versus more work uses. I would think to fully amortize all that P1000 tooling they will have to sell quite a few more of them unless the Talon has a bunch in common.

I figured they would go 5 to 7 years before launching a competitor to their own machine.

Of course, they may be thinking they can snatch a bigger share of the sport SXS market away from competitors than they lose out of the P1000. With Polaris burning down and Arctic Cat being eaten and YZX not being an all US setup that pretty much leaves the Can Am Maverick being the best game in town for a sport SXS and I bet it could be surpassed by a Honda DCT machine. (Especially if they have worked out the clutch issue and give it a reasonable gear setup that can dune/trail ride).

I am looking forward to the info.

Reactions: Windrock1000
advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hope I am wrong but I don't see Honda dropping a sport SXS quite yet. Even if they have it perfected, I figured they would want to maximize their P1000 before dropping something that will cannibalize P1000 sales.

I am sure they lost some P700 sales to the P1000 but I bet a pretty good sized chunk of the P1000 sales would get absorbed into a Talon launch. Based on reading here and on other online places a bunch of people bought the P1000 for more sport versus more work uses. I would think to fully amortize all that P1000 tooling they will have to sell quite a few more of them unless the Talon has a bunch in common.

I figured they would go 5 to 7 years before launching a competitor to their own machine.

Of course, they may be thinking they can snatch a bigger share of the sport SXS market away from competitors than they lose out of the P1000. With Polaris burning down and Arctic Cat being eaten and YZX not being an all US setup that pretty much leaves the Can Am Maverick being the best game in town for a sport SXS and I bet it could be surpassed by a Honda DCT machine. (Especially if they have worked out the clutch issue and give it a reasonable gear setup that can dune/trail ride).

I am looking forward to the info.

Not a competitor.

Would it take buyers sure but the 1000 took 700 buyers as did the 500 to an extent.

I need the Utility of the Pioneer.

In a few years when I get my shop built and have somewhere to keep a toy and toyhauler I might buy a sport in addition to the Pioneer.

J

JTW

Not a competitor.

Would it take buyers sure but the 1000 took 700 buyers as did the 500 to an extent.

I need the Utility of the Pioneer.

In a few years when I get my shop built and have somewhere to keep a toy and toyhauler I might buy a sport in addition to the Pioneer.
I agree.. they'll gain more from other markets than they'll take from their own. I would still need a semi-utility vehicle even if the sport had been available.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nothing that I would buy but man would I love to ride/drive one!!!!!!!!!!!

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well they need to keep it among the yankees because if they let those hillbillies get involved it'll have 36 to 44" tires and clear 5 gallon bucket by 6" you know because so many are encountered when you're cruising a lot by the slop trough looking for thier girl. And don't forget the black light and multicolor LEDs to accent thier skinny jeans that match othe $450 white yeti cooler.
Damn Jackal, why dont you tell us how you really feel?! Lol

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!