P1000 2019 base model error code 52

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok I’m new to the sxs world just purchased a couple weeks ago less that 50 miles and its in limp mode with error code 52. I’ve searched and that seems to be the neutral switch 8EC7343C C9A7 47AB 88C2 F2B9A71F1666 It’s under warranty so I figured I’d let them work on it. Couple ?
1. It wasn’t purchased locally so is local dealer going to honor warranty

2. Only mod I have done is the 4 rear vent lines. Should I put them back to factor or will they not care.

Reactions: Isaiah
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ok I’m new to the sxs world just purchased a couple weeks ago less that 50 miles and its in limp mode with error code 52. I’ve searched and that seems to be the neutral switchView attachment 203251 It’s under warranty so I figured I’d let them work on it. Couple ?
1. It wasn’t purchased locally so is local dealer going to honor warranty

2. Only mod I have done is the 4 rear vent lines. Should I put them back to factor or will they not care.
My service manual says 52-1 is a loose or poor contact of the TR sensor or a circuit malfunction, 52-2 says TR sensor high voltage, could be a bad TR sensor or bad circuit Does it just stay in 1st gear?

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ya stays in 1st. It was acting fine Saturday when I took it for a short ride then when I went to start it on Sunday. Wouldn’t come out of 1st and has the 1 flashing. Five long and two short. If I’m reading it right

Reactions: Pup
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ya stays in 1st. It was acting fine Saturday when I took it for a short ride then when I went to start it on Sunday. Wouldn’t come out of 1st and has the 1 flashing. Five long and two short. If I’m reading it right
Have you checked all the plug ins around the ecm that's under the drivers side and seat, manual says to check all the plug ins first.

Reactions: Remington
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I appreciate the help everyone. Found the problem. I think it is the wire going to the neutral switch It was disconnected. It’s hidden under a bracket and it’s hard to see looking down. It’s not a plug but a cap connection. Like a spark plug wire with rubber boot. My problem is making it stay on. I’ve fixed it several times and it just keeps popping off usually after a rocky trail. Anybody else have this problem. Hints on a quick fix. I think I will have to remove the skid plastic to really be able to get at it for a real fix.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
With it unplugged, try ever so slightly, pinch the metal of the connector (on the end of the wire) with a pair of pliers or needle nose. Not too tight tho! Just a Tooter hair! then re install the wire. In result is that your trying to make that connection tighter when you plug the wire back in for a more secured fit.

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have gently adjusted with needle nose twice. This one just seems to be extra lose/soft.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!