P1000 Starting issues code1-9

D

DepBLT

Dec 16, 2023
Woodruff, SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone I have a stock 2020 Honda 1000-5 and haven’t had any issues until here recently so I’m looking for some guidance and assistance on dealing with a hard start issue. The code showing was 1-9 which shows IAT sensor I replaced it still no change. After doing some more research I came to the conclusion it was the IACV. We changed it and it seemed to correct the issue for a few hours and then the problems returned. All connections and wires seem to be fine. We did undo the battery to reset the computer just in case it was that but still showing code 1-9. I have searched but don’t see anything directly related to the issue I’m having. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
1) no introduction
2) no pictures of your ride
3) search useing the search bar should always be FIRST, and then ask for help.
Fix above, and then you will most likely get more help then you would need.
Have a good day

Reactions: Remington and ChadD
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Don't assume the wires are good by their looks only. It's very common for thr IACV, MAP and injectors to have wire breaks that are not visible. Usually right at the head of the connector. Heat will effect them and can pull them apart only to make connection again when it cools.

Best method to test is to wiggle the wires around with a slight pull to see of there are any changes in idle.

We have a IACV pigtail in the store and sell several a week for repairs.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
1) no introduction
2) no pictures of your ride
3) search useing the search bar should always be FIRST, and then ask for help.
Fix above, and then you will most likely get more help then you would need.
Have a good day
The cose is more like guidelines.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone I have a stock 2020 Honda 1000-5 and haven’t had any issues until here recently so I’m looking for some guidance and assistance on dealing with a hard start issue. The code showing was 1-9 which shows IAT sensor I replaced it still no change. After doing some more research I came to the conclusion it was the IACV. We changed it and it seemed to correct the issue for a few hours and then the problems returned. All connections and wires seem to be fine. We did undo the battery to reset the computer just in case it was that but still showing code 1-9. I have searched but don’t see anything directly related to the issue I’m having. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I had similar issues last year. Grounding seems to be an issue on these. If you search you will find a drawing showing 3 separate places to check the grounds. My first check they seemed tight, the second check was to undo them clean them up with sand paper, apply a corrosion inhibitor and tighten them 1 turn shy of stripping. might sound crazy but it worked for me

D

DepBLT

Dec 16, 2023
Woodruff, SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had similar issues last year. Grounding seems to be an issue on these. If you search you will find a drawing showing 3 separate places to check the grounds. My first check they seemed tight, the second check was to undo them clean them up with sand paper, apply a corrosion inhibitor and tighten them 1 turn shy of stripping. might sound crazy but it worked for me
Thank you I’ll give that a shot.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you I’ll give that a shot.
The one ground under the drivers seat was hard to get at, wear gloves save your knuckles
IMG 8882
IMG 8883

Reactions: EMAW and ChadD
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a stock 2020 Honda 1000-5
Welcome from Michigan.
Like said above, need to do a proper Intro and post up pics of your ride! Its Rule #4
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!