1. 1000-3
The dates have been set Sept.6th to Sept. 9th 2019

Taylor Park Trading Post

Amenities
Cabins
RV spots
Direct access to trails

I will be Making my reservations this weekend

I plan on being in my motor home, @CaptinJackRZR and I will most likely leave Texas the weekend before the event. A couple others will be stopping in Southern Colorado on the way up from Texas. If any others are interested I will start another thread as the event gets closer.

Thanks in advance for the assistance, Tramguage1

When do you think we can reserve RV SITES?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The dates have been set Sept.6th to Sept. 9th 2019

Taylor Park Trading Post

Amenities
Cabins
RV spots
Direct access to trails

I will be Making my reservations this weekend

I plan on being in my motor home, @CaptinJackRZR and I will most likely leave Texas the weekend before the event. A couple others will be stopping in Southern Colorado on the way up from Texas. If any others are interested I will start another thread as the event gets closer.

Thanks in advance for the assistance, Tramguage1
No RSVP for this ride?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, yes. Tax, fee, registration. It's all the same, some one pays for the government to spend the money. If you get good value from Colorado great. In Ohio we pay something like 1$ per mile of trail a year. And then the state 'partners' with clubs to maintain the trails, so don't mind me if I sound a little jaded.

My mistake, Ohio and I think Michigan (been a few years since I rode there) have a 1 year from when you pay system. @Tramguage1 pay attention to the date, we need to return to Colorado early in 2020 for this to pay out. (sounds like a winter ride, maybe I will pass).

No, MI. is March to March as well.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I think this was just the planning thread, there is another ride thread with more pages I believe.
Lol, you’re right, and I thought I was in it...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: BWAF and Plumber32
Rocket

Rocket

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2018
Bullard, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You may do that at anytime, they have been taking reservations again since March 1st. Be sure to get a confirmation number.

Thanks! I called twice and it just rang and rang,,, I’ll keep trying

Reactions: BWAF
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks! I called twice and it just rang and rang,,, I’ll keep trying
There’s two numbers on their website, one just rings and rings, the other they answer.

(970) 641-2555

Reactions: Rocket
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There’s two numbers on their website, one just rings and rings, the other they answer.

(970) 641-2555
After this ride, this is going to have to be a annual ride, a long way out there but wow! Thanks John & Cyndi, for the New Mexico ride on the way up to Colorado. Mike,Pam, Jack and Tracie! This was a fun trip! I loved Pam's small quirky smile and small head shake when anybody said anything off color! This group is cool!

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
After this ride, this is going to have to be a annual ride, a long way out there but wow! Thanks John & Cyndi, for the New Mexico ride on the way up to Colorado. Mike,Pam, Jack and Tracie! This was a fun trip! I loved Pam's small quirky smile and small head shake when anybody said anything off color! This group is cool!
Smitty ya ole rascal you. There’s a reason why we have usernames lol....

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks
Smitty ya ole rascal you. There’s a reason why we have usernames lol....
Got to admit, this was one great ride! Thanks Monticrussty, Tramflubb and Jack ass. that work? HA! No really I had a wonderful time, look forward to seeing all you guys again! And doing it again! You are going to the Take Over aren't you?

Reactions: Remington and tr005
Durangotang

Durangotang

Feb 24, 2018
Just outside Durango, CO
How about a ride based out of Silverton for next year? I understand some want RV spots, others cabins and some tent. That limits us to one place that offers all three - Silverton Lakes RV Resort. Their season runs to May 1 to Oct 1. Keep in mind that the later in the year the more unpredictable the weather gets. Denver got hit with a snowstorm last Thursday:

"Denver, which saw a high temperature in the 80s Tuesday, saw temps plummet into the 20s. The city was forecast to get its first accumulation of the season Thursday, 1 to 3 inches."

The SW corner of CO didn't get any precipitation from this storm. But keep in mind it can get cold by the 1st of Oct at 9,300' elevation.

If you do want to go a little later in the fall, JTW's suggestion of Moab is on target. Just be ready to take I-40 to head back east!

J

JTW

How about a ride based out of Silverton for next year? I understand some want RV spots, others cabins and some tent. That limits us to one place that offers all three - Silverton Lakes RV Resort. Their season runs to May 1 to Oct 1. Keep in mind that the later in the year the more unpredictable the weather gets. Denver got hit with a snowstorm last Thursday:

"Denver, which saw a high temperature in the 80s Tuesday, saw temps plummet into the 20s. The city was forecast to get its first accumulation of the season Thursday, 1 to 3 inches."

The SW corner of CO didn't get any precipitation from this storm. But keep in mind it can get cold by the 1st of Oct at 9,300' elevation.

If you do want to go a little later in the fall, JTW's suggestion of Moab is on target. Just be ready to take I-40 to head back east!
Yeah, 70 sucks even if there isn’t any snow!

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

My family will be there again next summer (#5). We tried basing out of Lake City but the daily commute to Animas was to far. We are talking with friends about a group convoy and me leading but with them having kids in school, I'm sure they will have to go early to mid August which is too early for me to miss the monsoon season and my summer repair work rush. It may not make and if so, we have come to prefer the last week of August or second of September to miss the Labor Day zoo.

Red Mountain offers motel rooms and RV spots but I don't think they have camping spots.

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!