lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
With the whole permit to ride for a year thing we should return to the same state a month earlier the year after. Ride in Utah August of 2019 then switch to Colorado for a few years.

Or we could do the Takeover in the spring in Utah. Some how I need to feel like I cheated the system on thease government taxes.

J

JTW

With the whole permit to ride for a year thing we should return to the same state a month earlier the year after. Ride in Utah August of 2019 then switch to Colorado for a few years.

Or we could do the Takeover in the spring in Utah. Some how I need to feel like I cheated the system on thease government taxes.
I knew I liked you!

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500

I will have to defend Colorado and the OHV registration fees. It is collected by CPW (Colorado Park & Wildlife)and is used only for off-road purposes like maintaining trails etc. and is not a tax although some liberals are trying to get their hands on the money to build things like bicycle trails and keep in mind these same bikes use our off road trails for riding and don't have to pay the off road registration. In other words they get to do it for free.

SouthParkColorado

SouthParkColorado

Feb 4, 2018
Hartsel, CO & Aurora, CO
www.flickr.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

Maybe I misunderstand you, but Colorado's permit is good from March to March, regardless of when it's purchased. Buy it in September and it expires the following March 31st.

Reactions: BWAF
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I will have to defend Colorado and the OHV registration fees.

Yes, yes. Tax, fee, registration. It's all the same, some one pays for the government to spend the money. If you get good value from Colorado great. In Ohio we pay something like 1$ per mile of trail a year. And then the state 'partners' with clubs to maintain the trails, so don't mind me if I sound a little jaded.

Maybe I misunderstand you, but Colorado's permit is good from March to March, regardless of when it's purchased. Buy it in September and it expires the following March 31st.

My mistake, Ohio and I think Michigan (been a few years since I rode there) have a 1 year from when you pay system. @Tramguage1 pay attention to the date, we need to return to Colorado early in 2020 for this to pay out. (sounds like a winter ride, maybe I will pass).

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
All hunting licenses in Texas expire in March also if I remember correctly.
@lee dont think this Central Texas boy will be doing Colorado in the winter either!:confused:

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I will have to defend Colorado and the OHV registration fees. It is collected by CPW (Colorado Park & Wildlife)and is used only for off-road purposes like maintaining trails etc. and is not a tax although some liberals are trying to get their hands on the money to build things like bicycle trails and keep in mind these same bikes use our off road trails for riding and don't have to pay the off road registration. In other words they get to do it for free.
That's what happens in iowa. They tell you you have to register if you travel any roads on your ATV or sxs. The money is supposed to be for OHV parks... there are like 3 in the whole state. So rather than expand the ohv opportunity they take all the money and build bike trails for the city slickers. They of course dont pay a damn penny to use them. That gets my piss hot in a hurry!

Ps I dont bother to register.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We go to Taylor Park once a year except this year, the mother-in-law thought after 93 years of age it was time to pass so she did Sunday and we were to leave yesterday(Wednesday). She never did much care for me.
Best wishes to you and the family Alan.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I agree and fully support these kind of fees everywhere I see them...

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Liberals and conservatives are two sides of the same coin.....Americans! And Americans need unity today more than ever. MAGA
We're getting off topic here but I can agree with that.
I agree and fully support these kind of fees everywhere I see them...
I dont agree with any time when multiple groups are using the same resource but only one or two are paying for it. I pay a fortune every year to taxes, fees, registration, licensing etc that all goes to our natural resources. If I need a sticker to ride my pioneer through Colorado I'm happy to buy it.....which I will in 3 weeks... But the guy riding his bicycle through the same park damn well better have one too. It's only fair.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I dont agree with any time when multiple groups are using the same resource but only one or two are paying for it.
I can respect that position. It’s just my own personal opinion that it’s small fees that help maintain outdoor opportunities for Americans and it doesn’t bother me. But I’m not trying to be disagreeable with you. Hope to see you at this ride!!

Reactions: Tramguage1 and BWAF
Durangotang

Durangotang

Feb 24, 2018
Just outside Durango, CO
Looking for input on best RV and TT routes in and out of Taylor Park. Want to be able to have info for the people that will be attending.

A few of us will be coming up from the South.
Anyone with experience towing from Durango to Taylor Park would be awesome.
View attachment 84520

If you're heading to Lake City you won't be coming through Durango (heading north on HWY 550 aka Million Dollar Hwy). Coming up from TX you'll either come up I-25 to Walsenburg and turn west on HWY 160 or take HWY 285 north out of Santa Fe, NM. Via the Santa Fe route you'll also hit HWY 160 in the San Luis valley and go west to the town of South Fork, CO. There it's north on HWY 149 through Creede to Lake City.

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have not been there much.... but from creede to lake city is slumgullion pass.... I think it is a fairly steep one for a trailer.....
I might look at monarch pass on highway 50 to west of gunnison ... then north to Taylor....
But I am not pulling an RV and also haven’t done it in a few years..... may be all gravel for all I know....
If you get stranded... call montecristo....

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well, it’s not 100% that we’ll make it, but we reserved cabin 6 for this ride... we’ve wanted to make a trip like this to CO since way before we even bought the Pioneer. If everything goes right, we’ll be there!

Rocket

Rocket

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2018
Bullard, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The dates have been set Sept.6th to Sept. 9th 2019

Taylor Park Trading Post

Amenities
Cabins
RV spots
Direct access to trails

I will be Making my reservations this weekend

I plan on being in my motor home, @CaptinJackRZR and I will most likely leave Texas the weekend before the event. A couple others will be stopping in Southern Colorado on the way up from Texas. If any others are interested I will start another thread as the event gets closer.

Thanks in advance for the assistance, Tramguage1

So how many do we have?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!