2019 talon 1000x

T

Tobylee

Feb 6, 2022
Canada nb
Ownership

1. Talon X
Reverse issue’s.. clicking/grinding noise going into reverse and when does go in pops out again

• Sad
Reactions: TripleB and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Sorry to have to tell you this but it's bad news - You cannot, must not let the transmission click/grind when shifting. See the first post linked in my sig and watch the animated video in post #139 to see why. You probably have internal damage that isn't going to fix itself - how many miles and how long has this been happening?

Reactions: Remington
T

Tobylee

Feb 6, 2022
Canada nb
Ownership

1. Talon X
Sorry to have to tell you this but it's bad news - You cannot, must not let the transmission click/grind when shifting. See the first post linked in my sig and watch the animated video in post #139 to see why. You probably have internal damage that isn't going to fix itself - how many miles and how long has this been happening?
It just started doing it afew days ago but right at first it just did it for a second and would go in now it barely wants to go in and if it does pops out again…

T

Tobylee

Feb 6, 2022
Canada nb
Ownership

1. Talon X
It just started doing it afew days ago but right at first it just did it for a second and would go in now it barely wants to go in and if it does pops out again…
So can the reverse be fixed or does it need new transmission?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Is the shifter centered in the Neutral gate when moved gently back and forth, engine off? It can be fixed.

T

Tobylee

Feb 6, 2022
Canada nb
Ownership

1. Talon X
Is the shifter centered in the Neutral gate when moved gently back and forth, engine off? It can be fixed.
Yes it is centered I checked that and the adjustment is good.. dead center

Reactions: CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm fairly new to the SxS world (retired dirt bike rider, aged out) and I haven't figured out the Talon's driveline yet. I'm about positive your problem is in the sub transmission which is better than inside the engine itself. @PaulF , @HondaTech or someone else will have to fill in where your chipped shift dogs actually live. Although I'm new to SxSs, I'm 95% sure what I told you is true, I've worked with tools as a hobby my entire life and won't intentionally lead you astray and why I tagged the two members, to confirm my suspicion.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
@P1K5Dave did an excellent sub transmission photo/instruction thread. The Pioneer and Talon use similar drivelines.

obtw: welcome from Colorado. 😎

T

Tobylee

Feb 6, 2022
Canada nb
Ownership

1. Talon X
I’m going to take it in to my dealer I guess tomorrow. Sounds like a job far beyond what I can fix… thanks

Reactions: Remington
advertisement
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Good luck, let us know what the diagnosis is, please.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Its probably going to be new gears in the sub trans. Make sure they put in the new 2022 shift drum star and shift shaft.

Reactions: CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Its probably going to be new gears in the sub trans. Make sure they put in the new 2022 shift drum star and shift shaft.
Toby - these part numbers are listed in the thread I linked above in post #9, toward the end of that thread. They won't cost more and are an important improvement.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!