H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Still runs like new. The valve adjustment was ok at 38,500 miles. I did adjust 3 exhaust valves, two were still in spec and one was out of spec by .001" My buddy at the Honda shop has done lots of Honda Talon and Pioneer 1000 valve checks and has never had to adjust a valve. The Honda quality is amazing. The Talon is Turbo ready so the large cooling system and oil jets under the pistons make the non turbo Talon last a lot longer. It looks like 70,000 miles without any major repair may not be a problem. I'm hoping to sell it to a high mileage rider, but I may sell my 2020 Talon when I buy a Talon R 4-seater. I was thinking I would buy one in January but I'm too busy riding this winter to do the setup so I may wait until May or June.

39000Miles

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow
Amazing. Tribute to your care and maintenance. And, to Honda design and engineering.

Congratulations and wishing you many more happy miles. Honda should give you a new one and study yours for research and development.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CID and ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!