H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Still runs like new. The sub trans started shifting better after around 15,000 miles. My 2020 Talon doesn't shift as good when cold but it only has a bit over 7,000 miles. I check the coolant level at every oil change and the battery terminals every 3,000 miles. Its important to check the suspension for play at the oil changes. I remove the skid plates for cleanup and inspect the coolant hoses, wire harness, drive shaft U-joints, and brake lines every other oil change. I still get the rear axle click on turns when cold but ok after a warmup period when the grease liquifies.

37000miles

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Still runs like new. The sub trans started shifting better after around 15,000 miles. My 2020 Talon doesn't shift as good when cold but it only has a bit over 7,000 miles. I check the coolant level at every oil change and the battery terminals every 3,000 miles. Its important to check the suspension for play at the oil changes. I remove the skid plates for cleanup and inspect the coolant hoses, wire harness, drive shaft U-joints, and brake lines every other oil change. I still get the rear axle click on turns when cold but ok after a warmup period when the grease liquifies.

View attachment 379859
I really appreciate these high mileage write ups!! I was wondering what to look out for as I am buying a buddy's Talon R off him that has over 35k on it too! Your reviews help! More road miles on it than you have but still high miles!!! Thanks for taking the time!!

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Found a very small coolant leak. Had to remove the seats and back panel to get to the hoses. The push pins get dirty and hard to remove. I spray them with WD40 and they are like new again.

Collantleak

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!