Calendar **2019** Taylor Lake Colorado Group Ride [Sep 6, 2019] (CO)

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
[calendar]24[/calendar]

Taylor Park Trading Post

[RSVP=14776]Click here to RSVP[/RSVP]

Asarkozi - 2 - No Cabin picked out yet
CumminsPusher - 3
DonG - 2
Durangotang - 2 - RV Site #10
Firemedic530 - 2 - Camping, tbd
JACKAL - 2
JSPEED - 2 - cabin 10
Landman - 2 - Cabin 6
Montecresto - 2
Neohio - 2 - arrangements TBD
orangecrate - 2 - May bring a friend from the dark side - - - - -
Pilgrim - 2 - Probably be camping in woods nearby
Plumber32 - 5
Remington - 2 - Pending some details
Rocket - 2
Smitty335 - 1 - Pending on finding some one to share cabin expense or RV site expense
SouthParkColorado - 2 - Arrangements TBD as well..
Tigermark - 4 - Camping near plumber32
TimG - 2 - cabin #4
Tramguage1 - 4 - RV Site#8&#9

Total: 47

Colorado has been at the top of my bucket list a long time. I am overjoyed with the response so far. I didn't think there would be this much interest when @CaptinJackRZR and i started this ride discussion a year or so back.
Thanks, Tramguage 1

@Hondasxs guess you better start looking at plane tickets!!!!!!!

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Colorado has been at the top of my bucket list a long time. I am overjoyed with the response so far. I didn't think there would be this much interest when @CaptinJackRZR and i started this ride discussion a year or so back.
Thanks, Tramguage 1

@Hondasxs guess you better start looking at plane tickets!!!!!!!
Been on my bucket list too... my parents took my sister and I as kids almost every summer to see relatives and go atv riding. I’ve been wanting to go even before we bought the P1k5 so I could show my wife. It’s a bonus that we’ll be riding close to where we rode when I was a kid!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think there will be mostly gravel roads. But im sure we will be able to do some hard core trails also.
@Tramguage1 are you really going to travel that far away for gravel roads? I know it is definitely different scenary than Texas. But I am not sure I am going to spend 48hrs round trip driving for gravel roads.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
@Tramguage1 are you really going to travel that far away for gravel roads? I know it is definitely different scenary than Texas. But I am not sure I am going to spend 48hrs round trip driving for gravel roads.
No, dirt/rocky roads. Some maintained connecting roads. Check out some of the pics posted earlier in the thread. Some of it requires good concentration, no gawking at the stars as Smitty claims has caused him to roll off the roads before lol. :D Trails are rated moderate challenging with some expert only trails. Many steep hills with water crossings.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
From @Tbee post #42: P500 did all the trails and peaks. Very rocky some intermediate trails are really expert so keep that in mind.

75377936 E491 49F2 B0F7 0F4382878BE7

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
To you experts they will feel like gravel roads! Remember many of the trails are used by full size 4x4s. So I'm suspecting there will be some that are well traveled.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Attached is just a few pics i found online.
You guys with Lifetime Maps , You can download Taylor Park map files.

Tincup pass colorado5 1440x960 Maxresdefault Maxresdefault 1 Atv2a Maxresdefault 2 Colorado jeep trail26 56IMG 3240
I don't expect the feeder trails to all be difficult. I think sense a lot of these trails see heavy usage,the major ones will be easy to us. It looks like there will be enough machines that there will be a few hardcore riders to venture out on some difficult trail rides.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

View attachment 96979 View attachment 96980 View attachment 96981 View attachment 96982 View attachment 96983 View attachment 96984 View attachment 96985
I don't expect the feeder trails to all be difficult. I think sense a lot of these trails see heavy usage,the major ones will be easy to us. It looks like there will be enough machines that there will be a few hardcore riders to venture out on some difficult trail rides.
Yep, it’s not going to be a bunch of this.

D0A6E746 9EAB 4E19 BAF4 6BC219E8DBD4

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
There are some trails up there will will greatly enhance your pucker factor.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There are a lot of talented/ experienced riders on the forum. I think finding trails that make your A hole suck to the seat are becoming harder and harder to find. Fir a lot of guys. I think marysvale made guys very skeptical about future ventures. I know the taylor area has bigger mountains and more difficult trails than mountains where I've been in Colorado. From what I've seen and read i think there will be something for everyone.

I'll do anything once. I once walked a 14 mile round trip across lava fields in Hawaii to see the active lava flow. It was an EXTREMELY disappointing venture and waste of time. We saw the lava, checked it off my bucket list, and wont ever do it again lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Here is part of the trail system with ratings of easy, moderate and difficult. One that is not listed is American Flag Mountain and parts of it can give you a pucker factor of 10+. A word of advice for you low altitude people is to watch out for altitude sickness as it has ruined a lot of trips for low elevation dwellers but at the end of the trip you will have seen county like you have never seen before.

Upload 2018 12 9 8 50 16

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Here is part of the trail system with ratings of easy, moderate and difficult. One that is not listed is American Flag Mountain and parts of it can give you a pucker factor of 10+. A word of advice for you low altitude people is to watch out for altitude sickness as it has ruined a lot of trips for low elevation dwellers but at the end of the trip you will have county like you have never seen before.

View attachment 96996
Thanks, that’s helpful!!

Reactions: Plumber32
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here is part of the trail system with ratings of easy, moderate and difficult. One that is not listed is American Flag Mountain and parts of it can give you a pucker factor of 10+. A word of advice for you low altitude people is to watch out for altitude sickness as it has ruined a lot of trips for low elevation dwellers but at the end of the trip you will have seen county like you have never seen before.

View attachment 96996
Good advice for those that haven't experienced alt. Sickness. It's not a matter of tough, some get it and some dont. Thanks for the list.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member

View attachment 96979 View attachment 96980 View attachment 96981 View attachment 96982 View attachment 96983 View attachment 96984 View attachment 96985
Relax brother! This is going to be a great time and well worth the effort to get there? The scenery will be incredible, and the fellowship with the other forum members in attendance will be priceless!

J

JTW

There are a lot of talented/ experienced riders on the forum. I think finding trails that make your A hole suck to the seat are becoming harder and harder to find. Fir a lot of guys. I think marysvale made guys very skeptical about future ventures. I know the taylor area has bigger mountains and more difficult trails than mountains where I've been in Colorado. From what I've seen and read i think there will be something for everyone.

I'll do anything once. I once walked a 14 mile round trip across lava fields in Hawaii to see the active lava flow. It was an EXTREMELY disappointing venture and waste of time. We saw the lava, checked it off my bucket list, and wont ever do it again lol.

Moab has plenty of both... just say’n

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!