BOX1

P700 2020 700-4 hunting build

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
90w Stark headlights. Big difference! I've also added some Farmer tailgate cables. Been busy getting guns and stands ready so I've slowed down on the build. Still chasing the squeak. Lol
View attachment 221195

LED headlamps are a game changer for sure. Farmer cables are perfect and only make sense and would make even more perfect sense if they came with the machine :D

FlipKing

FlipKing

May 17, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
FlipKing

FlipKing

May 17, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
That was some custom work. I can get the measurements for you if you'd like. Its not as strong as a steel tailgate but it certainly made a difference.

Reactions: 1811tactical
quailman58

quailman58

Jul 17, 2020
TX
Ownership

1. 700-2
Interested in the manner in which you solidified the tailgate. If you have a template or willing to sell one I would be interested. Also where did you get the insulation?
Thanks

FlipKing

FlipKing

May 17, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
I got the insulation from Amazon. The diamond plate is 10xx38.5". I used the existing bolt holes for the latches. Honestly it could use some additional bolts to pull it tighter to the tailgate. I have found that Farmers cables are a little long once you add the metal because it moves the latches about half an inch higher.

1811tactical

1811tactical

Jul 15, 2020
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just got these and they don't want to lock in? Do I need to remove the headlight housing? The tabs seem to align but are a little different tthat the OEM housing which have a grooved tab, these do not?

20200920 084546 20200920 084604

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just got these and they don't want to lock in? Do I need to remove the headlight housing? The tabs seem to align but are a little different tthat the OEM housing which have a grooved tab, these do not?

View attachment 225120 View attachment 225121
You shouldn’t have to pull the housing. One tab is bigger than the other two. You should be able to see the alignment pins through the lens of the headlight if not something is wrong.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2

View attachment 225120 View attachment 225121
You shouldn’t have to pull the housing. One tab is bigger than the other two. You should be able to see the alignment pins through the lens of the headlight if not something is wrong.

What @Mudwing said. Remove dust cover and they go right into place.

1811tactical

1811tactical

Jul 15, 2020
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
What @Mudwing said. Remove dust cover and they go right into place.
So remove the gasket (its the clear/white silicone ring in the picture). Also based on the tab orientation, the led bulb will be facing up and down vs. right/left? According to the instructions, the bulb should be facing up and down so the light is directed to the left and right. Does this have any effect on brightness?

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
So remove the gasket (its the clear/white silicone ring in the picture). Also based on the tab orientation, the led bulb will be facing up and down vs. right/left? According to the instructions, the bulb should be facing up and down so the light is directed to the left and right. Does this have any effect on brightness?
I wouldn’t take out the gasket. I think he talking about the black plastic cover on the housing. As far as the up or down I think it is what it is because the light bulb is indexed with one bigger tab.

Reactions: 1811tactical
livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I wouldn’t take out the gasket. I think he talking about the black plastic cover on the housing. As far as the up or down I think it is what it is because the light bulb is indexed with one bigger tab.

Yep, only the black dust cover had to come off to access the area to get to the bulbs. The plastic housing on the lights stayed on. I didnt pay attention to which direction they line up, just happy that my non-mechanically inclined ass was able to do it without paying someone else 😅😅

1811tactical

1811tactical

Jul 15, 2020
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yep, only the black dust cover had to come off to access the area to get to the bulbs. The plastic housing on the lights stayed on. I didnt pay attention to which direction they line up, just happy that my non-mechanically inclined ass was able to do it without paying someone else 😅😅
Ill take another run at it Friday

cloleson

cloleson

Supporting Member
Jun 18, 2020
Nederland, TX
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ill take another run at it Friday

Realize this is old, but I just tried to installed the same bulbs in my 2020 last night. The tabs line up, but the bulb won't go in far enough to for the tabs to twist and lock in. Were you able to get yours done? Anyone else have this issue?

The ones I have are the 90W APX. Stark 880

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!