2021 Honda Talon 1000x4 Died

cspenc12

cspenc12

Jan 13, 2021
Garden Grove, CA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
My 2021 Honda Talon 1000x4 with Jackson Turbo died when I was cruising about 20 mph. I had attempted the launch mode about 5 times prior and it did not work. Revved up, released the paddles and just kept revving. After the 5th time I headed back to camp a couple minutes later it just died. It would not restart. It didn't even sound to turn over rather just an electrical sound like something on the electrical side was trying but the mechanical side would not engage.

Not sure if the symptom when trying launch mode is related or not.

Has anyone heard of something similar to help me get this back up and running?

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure if Talons have the same problem as many Pioneers, but check a manual and find all of the grounds and tighten as necessary. My 2021 Pioneer kept quitting and after two trips to the shop, they removed and retorqued the grounds. No more problems.
It sounds super simple, but it's a free shot at fixing the problem. And I do hope it's not the turbo. Egads.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My 2021 Honda Talon 1000x4 with Jackson Turbo died when I was cruising about 20 mph. I had attempted the launch mode about 5 times prior and it did not work. Revved up, released the paddles and just kept revving. After the 5th time I headed back to camp a couple minutes later it just died. It would not restart. It didn't even sound to turn over rather just an electrical sound like something on the electrical side was trying but the mechanical side would not engage.

Not sure if the symptom when trying launch mode is related or not.

Has anyone heard of something similar to help me get this back up and running?
Hope its not, but it sure sounds like a catastrophic failure to me.
This is a hard one to diag with all the things your stating thats happened. Would be better to see it in person or hear what your talking about in a video.

cspenc12

cspenc12

Jan 13, 2021
Garden Grove, CA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Had trouble yesterday pulling the codes to blink on the dashboard. I tried a paper clip sanded down. Did not work. I am going to try some copper wire is what I used a couple years ago. I know that worked.
I did check the battery terminals and IGN fuse. All checked out. Also, tried jump starting. That did not work.

cspenc12

cspenc12

Jan 13, 2021
Garden Grove, CA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Not sure if Talons have the same problem as many Pioneers, but check a manual and find all of the grounds and tighten as necessary. My 2021 Pioneer kept quitting and after two trips to the shop, they removed and retorqued the grounds. No more problems.
It sounds super simple, but it's a free shot at fixing the problem. And I do hope it's not the turbo. Egads.
Were you getting any fault codes? I will look into this.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!