P1000 2021 Pioneer 1000-5 tire question

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thx. Good luck and keep us posted pls on your final outcome after you add the spacer.

J

JerrySwisher

Jan 11, 2021
Bloomsburg PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
yep. Went up to 28x10x12 28x12x12 swamp witch (mst clone) on new wheels and kept stocks for summer/neighborhood riding. Hunting rig in MS Delta gumbo and stockers on base model suuuuuuuk in it!
Does anyone know if 30 inch tires will clear on back stock honda talon x. Looks like shock mount in the way and has anyone just went with 1.5 inch spacers on rear of machine to get it cleared? Thx for any info. Want to go with 30 by 10 by 15 all around.

Reactions: Shelly
K

Kiphutzell64

Jan 2, 2021
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok, so is anyone keeping 2 different size tires like from the factor(front 27x9, rear 27x11)y when they order new ones? I just ordered GBC Mongrel 28x10-14 10- ply DOT tires for both the front and rear( i am going street legal).
I went 28/10 all the way around, looks great but I had to add a 1inch spacer in the back

M

MNRider

Jan 31, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@CumminsPusher has a good point. Your riding style is what makes the difference. I run 28x10x14's on all four corners. No spacers, no lift, and stock suspension. But I prefer to kick back, cruise easy, and take in the views. Also I can rotate the tires for longer wear, got 4600 miles and plenty of tread left. If I was more into handling and cutting the turns I'd do as @CumminsPusher suggested. Again, riding style kinda dictates tires as well as any others mods.

What tires are you running? I have the same size in an STI and I get rub in the front under full compression. I know all tires can vary in true size, just curious. I am looking for a quick cheap fix as I don't feel the need for a lift. Its looking like really minor spacers might be the way to go. Or spend 2500 on a-arms and shocks.

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What tires are you running? I have the same size in an STI and I get rub in the front under full compression. I know all tires can vary in true size, just curious. I am looking for a quick cheap fix as I don't feel the need for a lift. Its looking like really minor spacers might be the way to go. Or spend 2500 on a-arms and shocks.
I've got SuperATV Intimidators. I've only had it rub one time when I was heading down a steep slope pretty fast and hit the bottom at full turn. Other than that, no problems.

Elvis8310

Elvis8310

Jan 2, 2021
Edmond, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks . I want to be as close to factory width as possible. When I read about how you come up with what the width will be etc I get confused. I really appreciate all the input and help. The wheels are $$$ so I don't want to make an error that could have been avoided. Can you walk me thru what my final width will be if I do the 5+2 in the front and I will do a 1" space and 5+2 in the rear. Should probably also note that I have purchased the satv 1.5" offset front A-arms

i asked local dealer and they were clueless. Suggested I get on a blog. 🙃
Went to dealer in Steamboat Springs Colorado and they had no clue as well, they also could not find the specs.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!