P1000 2022 Pioneer 1000-3 LED Headlights - Easy Install Instructions?

S

symphony

Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just received my 2022 and liking it so far. Some nagging issues like rattling doors which I'm sure can be adjusted.

I'm looking to upgrade the headlights to OEM LEDs but wondering if there are any simple instructions for installing them without having to remove the entire front end and side panels including bumper and doors? There is a detailed YouTube video showing the installation of OEM LEDs but it seems like there is quite a bit of labor involved?

Has anyone figured out a simpler way to do it?

Thanks

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Has anyone figured out a simpler way to do it?
Looks like your gonna be it! Lol
The 22’s are differnt than any models before it. Make sure your LubeTube viedio is for a 22’.
I did it on my 16’ its like you said, labor intensive and ill add…a whore. If u do it, come back here and do a how too with pics. We are visual intolerant. 🤣

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is that, like a $350-400 upgrade to go to LED? For that money, I'd go with aftermarket add-on lighting (like a decent light bar) and skip the PITA of installing those things.

Once you have a light bar, the stock headlights are nothing more than marker lamps anyway.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you want LED just put Bulbs in your housings.
The quality of the reflector is only gonna do so much, it scatters light all over the place. An aftermarket light will perform so much better. But not all, most are just Chyna Made Junk headed for the landfill after a short unsatisfying life.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lights on, this thing will start forest fires and melt the paint on any vehicle in front! Being a '21, it has LED headlights too, but they are completely overwhelmed by the big light bar!

20211017 112959

D

duratime

Jan 26, 2022
Monterey,CA
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I too had headlight envy and if it wasn't for the install, I would have added the Honda LEDs. To make matters worse, I added the dual back-up lights from the club and they were so bright at white that it made the factory halogen's look pathetic. I solved the problem with LED bulbs. Read this thread. P1000 - Headlight bulbs?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!