BOX1

P1000 2022 Pioneer 1000-5 build

P

Pioneerrider

Nov 9, 2022
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got my Pioneer a few months back and starting to build it out. 700 miles on it so far and it’s been awesome.
So far I’ve done:
1. Honda hard roof
2. Badlands 5000 winch with KFI mount. Worked great, direct fit. Used the factory switch plate with “knockouts” to mount the rocker switch. Thinking about what to do with the remote winch cable, in case I want to winch from outside the rig. For now it lives under the hood. But this space is getting used up. May wire it thru the glove box?
3. Fire extinguisher with roll bar mount
4. Rough country poly carbonate windshield. Just went with the solid but I may change this to something flip up or glass… idk yet. Went cheap and basic and simple to start.

What I’m working on right now:
1. Dual battery system. Working on now and waiting on a couple parts
2. Super ATV heater- have it installed but haven’t tried it yet as I’m waiting to hook up to the accessory battery. There is NOT a lot of room under the dash to mount the defrost vents. The passenger side is fine but the driver side is very tight. The windshield rests just on the edge of the vent. I’m not super pleased with it but I think it’ll work. The lack of space under the dash as well as the lack of flat space on top made it tough.
3. 12 inch LED light bar on front
4. 2 4 inch pod lights which I think I’m gonna mount off the back.
5. Hand crank windshield wipers

What I’m planning for in future:
1. Camso track system
2. Eventually new tires once stock ones wear out.
3. Cab enclosure system- maybe something homemade with canvas and sewn in windows with clear shower curtains. Grommets and D bungees to the roll cage? Maybe plywood with some poly windows, may just buy something idk yet??
That’s it for now but once you get started… ya can’t stop
7B40CF92 1AD3 49EC 9930 6EEF7FD922DB
A8D4C0AB 82FF 443C 8119 97099C68BABC

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Got my Pioneer a few months back and starting to build it out. 700 miles on it so far and it’s been awesome.
So far I’ve done:
1. Honda hard roof
2. Badlands 5000 winch with KFI mount. Worked great, direct fit. Used the factory switch plate with “knockouts” to mount the rocker switch. Thinking about what to do with the remote winch cable, in case I want to winch from outside the rig. For now it lives under the hood. But this space is getting used up. May wire it thru the glove box?
3. Fire extinguisher with roll bar mount
4. Rough country poly carbonate windshield. Just went with the solid but I may change this to something flip up or glass… idk yet. Went cheap and basic and simple to start.

What I’m working on right now:
1. Dual battery system. Working on now and waiting on a couple parts
2. Super ATV heater- have it installed but haven’t tried it yet as I’m waiting to hook up to the accessory battery. There is NOT a lot of room under the dash to mount the defrost vents. The passenger side is fine but the driver side is very tight. The windshield rests just on the edge of the vent. I’m not super pleased with it but I think it’ll work. The lack of space under the dash as well as the lack of flat space on top made it tough.
3. 12 inch LED light bar on front
4. 2 4 inch pod lights which I think I’m gonna mount off the back.
5. Hand crank windshield wipers

What I’m planning for in future:
1. Camso track system
2. Eventually new tires once stock ones wear out.
3. Cab enclosure system- maybe something homemade with canvas and sewn in windows with clear shower curtains. Grommets and D bungees to the roll cage? Maybe plywood with some poly windows, may just buy something idk yet??
That’s it for now but once you get started… ya can’t stop View attachment 363180View attachment 363181
Good start 👍......... May I suggest a real skid plate. The factory G-string leaves a lot to be desired and kinda just plain stupid/dangerous. Something like the @SuperATV skid or many others around is highly recommended. There's also a DIY drawing floating around if you want to tackle it your self.

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good start 👍......... May I suggest a real skid plate. The factory G-string leaves a lot to be desired and kinda just plain stupid/dangerous. Something like the @SuperATV skid or many others around is highly recommended. There's also a DIY drawing floating around if you want to tackle it your self.

X2 on this....a real skid plate is a must on these machines...I have the Superatv one and it's great, covers everything underneath and is probably the most affordable option out there. They run good sales a couple times a year, I think I got like 25% off when i bought mine....best of luck....

P

Pioneerrider

Nov 9, 2022
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
l
X2 on this....a real skid plate is a must on these machines...I have the Superatv one and it's great, covers everything underneath and is probably the most affordable option out there. They run good sales a couple times a year, I think I got like 25% off when i bought mine....best of luck
10-4 will look into those. How heavy are they? I assume you take off the factory one and then it uses the same mounting holes? Can you still get at your drain plugs?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
l

10-4 will look into those. How heavy are they? I assume you take off the factory one and then it uses the same mounting holes? Can you still get at your drain plugs?
Yes they are kinda heavy but not too bad, and it's down low so nothing to worry about. Yes, you take off the factory one and put it where it belongs.........in the trash 😂😂. Uses all the same mounting holes plus nee ones you have to make to cover what the factory flap didn't. Yes, you can still access all the stock drain holes, and you can drill anything else as needed (more drain holes, vents, etc) because it's easy to work with material.

Can't go wrong!! 👍

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Heres a link to the satv one...hes a vendor on here too....might get you a little off the price if you send him a pm...at least then you can see what it looks like on the machine....there are several skid plate options, this is just one example. The point is any aftermarket one will be waaaaay better than the factory junk....

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One thing I forgot to mention on the skid plates, that I never thought of before I read alot on this forum. There are basically 2 types of skid plates, the uhmw (heavy plastic) or aluminum. It seems most members on here have the plastic type. Reason is, if you hit something hard with the aluminum type, they can dent and are next to impossible to remove and reinstall if you ever have to take it off again. The plastic ones dont dent. I'm sure they can crack but it would take a hell of an impact. The satv one is 1/2" thick. Anyway....good luck

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I just purchased a new 2022 P1000-5 Deluxe and am deep into my build. I'm amazed how far you have to dismantle the machine to install some simple items. I will start a thread of my own regarding my build. Sounds like you've got a good start to your build. Have fun

P

Pioneerrider

Nov 9, 2022
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just purchased a new 2022 P1000-5 Deluxe and am deep into my build. I'm amazed how far you have to dismantle the machine to install some simple items. I will start a thread of my own regarding my build. Sounds like you've got a good start to your build. Have fun
Seems like the whole thing is held together with push pins… lol

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!