2022 Pioneer 1000 Model Announcement Today, Honda REDLINE

CoachRoss07

CoachRoss07

Aug 13, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The price increase is not Honda's fault. Responsibility lies with the dimwit in the White Housee and his party in congress. It's called inflation.

To understand inflation we have to understand that it's not the price that increased, its the value (buying power) of our money that shrank. Our money is worth about 8% less this year than it was when they took office.
It's always political isnt it? Lol. Tell me one vehicle or off road vehicle that doesnt have price increases for new designs or mid cycle refreshes lol.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
It appears that the color back bed panel that several used as a storage area will be void of a color panel in 2022. Not sure it was mentioned in any of the previous details. Thanks guys for all the updates and changes.
It's there on the Deluxe models. It's just black like the sticker. You can see it if you look closely:

Same thing on the Trail (matches the red sticker):

The bare plastic has ridges in it (you can see it on the base model):

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Regarding the changes to the sub transmission, anyone know if the ratios have been lowered and if so can the parts be retrofitted to the earlier models?
Those parts were mentioned by @HondaTech a few months back, and yes - all parts are available to update your subtrans. It's mentioned in the later pages of my subtrans thread.

One thing I'm not clear on - did they change the reverse gears, or does one still need to swap in Talon reverse gears if you want a lower reverse?

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I hope they make blank switches that match available.
Who knows, Honda is slow to learn what consumers want. I would like to have a P1 on a X frame, with the Deluxe transmission and 14 - 16 inches of travel, stretch the body a little/bed. Honda could have cornered the Sport UTV market? P1-X

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I read it all, I really did, and it sounds great! Really what I took away from it is... reduced cabin heat and noise!!! I think Honda is the only manufacturer to actually consider cabin comfort, and probably from following this forum...

Nah, they're all doing it now and Honda was actually the last to properly address it. They're sealing up some of the holes in the plastics but they'll still be hot and loud.

L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
not gonna lie, i think im priced out of the market at this point. the 14ish i paid for mine new was tough to swallow. 22k to replace it is too much for me. politics and upgrades aside its just a s... load for a toy! i am a honda fanboy all the way, i would never stray from the brand so at some point ill be paying way too much.. i am dead set on the cable driven 4wd and lockers i just cant get on board with i4wd

H

HondaTech

not gonna lie, i think im priced out of the market at this point. the 14ish i paid for mine new was tough to swallow. 22k to replace it is too much for me. politics and upgrades aside its just a s... load for a toy! i am a honda fanboy all the way, i would never stray from the brand so at some point ill be paying way too much.. i am dead set on the cable driven 4wd and lockers i just cant get on board with i4wd
The Base and Deluxe models still have the manual locker in front.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!