sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
The Canadian site has no mention of i-4WD for Deluxe. Price increases up here are $1400 for Deluxe, but only $600 for LE/Trail.

I am on the waitlist for a P1K5 and an RMAX4, still undecided. Pretty different machines, but this definitely made the choice tougher. I am excited to see the reviews hitting You Tube, but it will likely be a while before the get them in the hands of the Media.

I am curious if the shocks in the Deluxe are improved. As mentioned earlier, they have never referred to them by brand before. KYB aren't a bad shock. Even if they were KYB before, maybe they are a better version. We likely need stock numbers to confirm, and then some ride-tests.

The beefier skid plate on all models is nice. And I don't think the LE had a winch like the Trail does unless, which makes the $600 price jump palatable. Though it loses a-arm protectors and LED's.

And now back to waiting.

Last edited:
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yeah, I think Yamaha has used them for awhile now on some of their models.
Yes, the 2021 Wolverine 850 has KYB shocks. The suspension on those machines absolutely blows away the 1000-5 deluxe factory shocks. I would love to be able to afford a shock upgrade, even to those KYB's.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda adding to the confusion with conflicting info on the deluxe and i4wd.

I believe the deluxe will still have manual diffs based on the price difference.

sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I am pretty sure the i4wd for the deluxe was a misprint on the US site. As for the shocks, if they are actually better then the $4k price difference for the Trail upgrade isn't great. It is basically a winch, shocks, and i4wd. I could go either way on i4wd, and a winch is easy to add.

Reactions: Lady01 and J80
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you think the redline pioneer could be pulled by a redline Acadia?

How big of tire can the Acadia have without a lift?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I saw that in the description as well, but when you go to the specs on the deluxe 1000-5 it shows below.
In the specs it does show the above for deluxe, trail, and Forrest models. Guess we will find out in time.

• Transmission​

Fully Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) with six forward gears and Reverse. Four drive modes include 2WD, 4WD, Turf and Differential lock. Paddle Shifters with three shift modes (standard, sport, and manual)
When you do the 'compare', the site shows you the EXACT same description above for the Deluxe, Trail and Forest.

Likely just an error.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I originally think all the models (except the base 3/5) were planed to have i4wd.
That's what the parts fish, when first discovered, lead me to believe.
Could be a money saving issue as those directions would been at least 2 years old.
Just like removal of the LED's.

kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When you do the 'compare', the site shows you the EXACT same description above for the Deluxe, Trail and Forest.

Likely just an error.
Correct. that was what I found in the specs.

I found this on the news page that seems just the trail and forrest models have i4WD as most thought. it also lines up with the redline chart comparison for models.

Technology
First introduced in 2017, Honda’s exclusive i-4WD system (“intelligent four-wheel drive”), is standard equipment on the 2022 Pioneer 1000 Trail and Forest models. This ingenious system combines the four-wheel-drive and differential-locking functions into a single selection mode, resulting in unparalleled benefits.

Reactions: J80
kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I originally think all the models (except the base 3/5) were planed to have i4wd.
That's what the parts fish, when first discovered, lead me to believe.
Could be a money saving issue as those directions would been at least 2 years old.
Just like removal of the LED's.
Have you heard any reasons for not keeping LED headlights outside of lowered costs? I did a comparison of parts for 2021 and 2022 models on things that were supposedly getting updated. In nearly all those areas in the parts fish- if you bought each piece for each year's model- it was cheaper for the 2022. found that interesting, but that was about the same time that someone said the part fish was a mess so I didn't put much faith into it.

advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Have you heard any reasons for not keeping LED headlights outside of lowered costs? I did a comparison of parts for 2021 and 2022 models on things that were supposedly getting updated. In nearly all those areas in the parts fish- if you bought each piece for each year's model- it was cheaper for the 2022. found that interesting, but that was about the same time that someone said the part fish was a mess so I didn't put much faith into it.
No, it has to be a cost savings move.
Unless there is a issue with the manufacture.
I'm fairly sure they are USA made by JW Speaker

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!