2022 Pioneer Takeover - SAVE THE DATE - June 10th and 11th, 2022 @ Ride Royal Blue Resort!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I failed to realize you were a Michigan guy til I saw you and @P1K5Dave chatting in your build thread. The guys going with me to Takeover are a portion of my Drummond Island crew.
I'll get to Drummond Island one day, but not on stock tires/wheels nor without suspension upgrades (in addition to the Fox QS3's on backorder).

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
P5 ride this time?

Oh hell yeah! Don't exactly know where I'm going but have been on a lot of those trails. I'm sure I'll recognize them when I see them. I have a good GPS too. Don't have radios and all that either but no one gets left behind.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'll get to Drummond Island one day, but not on stock tires/wheels nor without suspension upgrades (in addition to the Fox QS3's on backorder).
$hit, I did Drummond the first time i went stock Not knowing. I did fine. Been there a dozen times since then upgraded tho! But Id suggest the upgrades if you was to go harder or get crazy.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
@Remington - So Drummond is OK (without getting stupid) with nothing more than my Fox (or stock) shocks? I want to put miles on before I decide what I want to do with suspension and tire & wheel changes.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Remington - So Drummond is OK (without getting stupid) with nothing more than my Fox (or stock) shocks? I want to put miles on before I decide what I want to do with suspension and tire & wheel changes.
Just be careful on the rocky sections. You can cruise around and avoid everything but the big rocks up by Pins. The mud is deep and the water is fairly hard bottom. I've done about 1200 miles or wheelin up there in the last 5 years. We rarely get stuck on state trails but I have access to 2500 acres of private property to wheel on and that's where the carnage happens

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
Oh hell yeah! Don't exactly know where I'm going but have been on a lot of those trails. I'm sure I'll recognize them when I see them. I have a good GPS too. Don't have radios and all that either but no one gets left behind.
Keep us advised on when you plan to ride and if you would like some company. My wife and I plan on riding Thursday afternoon through Sunday. We don't go too crazy on trails but will try most sections that other near stock P500s do. If it does get too challenging for us we will have maps and can find our way back with no hard feelings.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
sorry just seen your post. I was at the mich osu game all day yesterday.
yup. Basically what @ToddACimer said.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Keep us advised on when you plan to ride and if you would like some company. My wife and I plan on riding Thursday afternoon through Sunday. We don't go too crazy on trails but will try most sections that other near stock P500s do. If it does get too challenging for us we will have maps and can find our way back with no hard feelings.

We'll be riding Fri and Sat for sure. It's funny, during one of the TO's we had a Sat with no plans made to ride with anyone, we were just going to wing it. We saw a couple in a P5 drive around the campground several times and asked them what was up. They had missed all the groups that had already left and it was their first time there. We hooked up with them and made a day of it. Very nice people. Have also had several machines just fall into our group while out on the trails. Everyone's welcome and you never know who you'll end up riding with but it's always fun.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
We'll be riding Fri and Sat for sure. It's funny, during one of the TO's we had a Sat with no plans made to ride with anyone, we were just going to wing it. We saw a couple in a P5 drive around the campground several times and asked them what was up. They had missed all the groups that had already left and it was their first time there. We hooked up with them and made a day of it. Very nice people. Have also had several machines just fall into our group while out on the trails. Everyone's welcome and you never know who you'll end up riding with but it's always fun.
Sign me up for the P5 ride.

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
From looking at the trail map it looks like most of the trails are ATV trails, are P500s allowed on the ATV trails? Would a ride to LaFollette and back be a good half day ride?

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
From looking at the trail map it looks like most of the trails are ATV trails, are P500s allowed on the ATV trails? Would a ride to LaFollette and back be a good half day ride?
They are open to atv and sxs.

Depends on how long your day is, riding speed, conditions, and trail difficulty. Its an easy ride to Lafollete and back with plenty of time to take extra trails there and back.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
It looks like most going to this are going to be in Talons' 1000"s and seems to be a 500 ride . Are the 700"s far and few between and will there be opportunities to ride in groups that the 700 would be ok?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!