P700 2023 700-2 ; 19 miles on machine, won't start!

J

jsahara24

Jun 20, 2022
PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
So I just got my 2023 700-2 on Tuesday, I have put 19 miles on it so far. Was out riding last night and the thing sputtered and died, now it just sits there and cranks but won't start.

I had to get my tractor and tow it back to the house, quite frustrating.....

I didn't have any tools with me in the field to do any real diagnostic work, but I did check the fuel pump fuse and replaced it with the spare and I heard it turn on when I re-inserted the fuse.....I will go out and check for spark next, just confused and hoping its something stupid....Really don't feel like dragging it back to the dealer where they can sit on it for a couple weeks figuring it out, but I suppose I may have too...

Any insight or words of encouragement are appreciated....

Thanks

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sorry to hear if you bad experience, I would say to check every plug you can get your hands on.
Several times fans have not been plugged in and it isn't too far of a stretch to think any other plug was missed also.
Any flashing codes or does the dash go dark or maybe go dark then come back.
Please keep us updated so we can try to help.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sorry to hear if you bad experience, I would say to check every plug you can get your hands on.
Several times fans have not been plugged in and it isn't too far of a stretch to think any other plug was missed also.

X2 on checking every connection.... Good employees are hard to find these days and even Honda has seen some quality control issues. Sometimes pins inside the plugs get bent etc.

J

jsahara24

Jun 20, 2022
PA
Ownership

1. 700-2

Yeah in the field last night I was wiggling connections, but I guess i'll need to go thru them one by one.
There are no flashing codes/weird display issues. Everything seems in perfect order, it cranks over but doesn't come close to firing.

Thanks for the response, I am going to go out over my lunch hour and mess with it and will advise.

J

jsahara24

Jun 20, 2022
PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
X2 on checking every connection.... Good employees are hard to find these days and even Honda has seen some quality control issues. Sometimes pins inside the plugs get bent etc.

Thanks for the response, the only strange thing I noticed on the machine is there is a decent vibration when initially starting out and sometimes when I hit a bump.... It seemed to come and go depending on my speed/terrain, not sure if that is normal with these machines as I've never driven one b4....

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks for the response, the only strange thing I noticed on the machine is there is a decent vibration when initially starting out and sometimes when I hit a bump.... It seemed to come and go depending on my speed/terrain, not sure if that is normal with these machines as I've never driven one b4....

Yep, they shake, vibrate and rattle. You can tinker and get most of the rattles out. The weird noises from the rear end will have you thinking too... but don't worry.....you'll get used to it and most say other brands a much noisier. If there's something really wrong... you'll find out soon enough. Hopefully you find the bug and get er goin again!

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
We can get to the drivability issue once it drives again, I would suggest to check and make sure the harness isn't rubbed through from bad routing or in some way hasn't been damaged.
Does it crank at what could be considered normal speed or is it slower/faster than expected?
Also make sure ALL ground connections are clean and tight.
No paint under them or anything to keep then from doing their job also.

J

jsahara24

Jun 20, 2022
PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
If its that new shouldn't it be on warranty still? Id take it back to the dealer.

Yes its under warranty, I spoke with the dealer this morning and they want me to bring it in or they will pick it up next week.... I however want to use it this weekend, and am willing to spend an hour or two troubleshooting b4 I throw in the towel....

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes its under warranty, I spoke with the dealer this morning and they want me to bring it in or they will pick it up next week.... I however want to use it this weekend, and am willing to spend an hour or two troubleshooting b4 I throw in the towel....
Sounds deeper than that from the things you've checked! I'd drop it off today!

J

jsahara24

Jun 20, 2022
PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just checked every connection I could find, nothing stood out as an issue. I checked for spark, and nothing.....So i'm going to call the dealer now and see if there is anything I can quickly check b4 I throw in the towel.

Thanks and i'll keep everyone updated.....

J

jsahara24

Jun 20, 2022
PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well, I am happy to report that I just found and repaired the issue. A loose connector, all three of the connectors in this pic were not clicked in. But the white one was almost all the way out.....

So relieved that I found it without taking it to the dealership, but also kinda worried that if they missed that what else did the miss..

Heading out to work on the treestands and food plots, and celebrate with a cold beer! Thank you everyone for the quick responses!

Pioneer connector

H

HondaTech

Well, I am happy to report that I just found and repaired the issue. A loose connector, all three of the connectors in this pic were not clicked in. But the white one was almost all the way out.....

So relieved that I found it without taking it to the dealership, but also kinda worried that if they missed that what else did the miss..

Heading out to work on the treestands and food plots, and celebrate with a cold beer! Thank you everyone for the quick responses!

View attachment 353064

If it started and ran fine it wouldn't make any sense to check connectors.

We cant put our hands on everything.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!