BOX1

2023 Pioneer 1000-3 Cab Heating Issue

S

STLG67

May 17, 2023
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We brought this side by side home on May 6, made the first ride on May 12. Once the ride started, my wife noticed alot of heat on the back of the seat in the middle moving towards her side (passenger). I called the dealership we purchased from the next day and made arrangements to bring it in at another dealership that was closer. Also made a case with Honda Corporate and had a case number generated. So far after the bike being at the dealership for two days, Honda responded and said there's nothing wrong and that we need to wear the appropriate clothing while riding the side by side. Well we had long pants and a short sleeve shirt on, but the problem goes back to 2016-2019 from what I've researched since this issue started. There was a recall done and heat shield installed on the 3 seater and 4 seater units. I guess they don't want to admit that they haven't fixed the problem.
If anyone has any ideas how to move forward with this I would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thanks

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
These aren't Jeeps. They are SXS with motors sitting directly under your arses.

Seriously use the SEARCH function on the forums - there are elevendy billion posts about cabin heat and what things you can do to help reduce it (very little, actually).

Welcome to the forums!

Better post some pics of your new ride or the local sheriff will be around soon to write you up!

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We brought this side by side home on May 6, made the first ride on May 12. Once the ride started, my wife noticed alot of heat on the back of the seat in the middle moving towards her side (passenger). I called the dealership we purchased from the next day and made arrangements to bring it in at another dealership that was closer. Also made a case with Honda Corporate and had a case number generated. So far after the bike being at the dealership for two days, Honda responded and said there's nothing wrong and that we need to wear the appropriate clothing while riding the side by side. Well we had long pants and a short sleeve shirt on, but the problem goes back to 2016-2019 from what I've researched since this issue started. There was a recall done and heat shield installed on the 3 seater and 4 seater units. I guess they don't want to admit that they haven't fixed the problem.
If anyone has any ideas how to move forward with this I would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thanks
Welcome from commie run Michigan!

Looks like my deputies up top have covered this for you. The only thing they haven't mentioned is pics of your rig in question. Its Rule #4 when u join/first post so...
Pics Or It Didn't Happen!

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If none of that helps, Polaris North star edition or a Jeep would be your best bet.
Id stay stay away from the jeep, he'd complain about the electrical nightmare they are. And Negatory on the Poo Poo as well! He'd open a case about the multiple fires he will have🔥 :oops: 🥳
I think he needs a Kubota 🤣

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Id stay stay away from the jeep, he'd complain about the electrical nightmare they are. And Negatory on the Poo Poo as well! He'd open a case about the multiple fires he will have🔥 :oops: 🥳
I carry a fire extinguisher to put out the fires in the Poo Poo's!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Someone didn't do their homework. This has been a known issue with all the Honda's and other brands for yrs. Honda corporate determined that you're not experiencing anything excessive and it's totally normal. They've done some refinements to address the issue over the yrs but none of them have eliminated it. And as stated above, nothing will totally eliminate it. Like Triple B said, throw in a bilge fan and a shield and you'll be good to go...in the front seat anyway.

H

HondaTech

I think he needs a Kubota 🤣

Speaking of burning Poo

Screenshot 20230519 140045 Chrome

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Mississippi. I have a 2016 and installed a rubber shield under the seat from @trigger . I also have a half windshield and an Alien shade for a roof. The only alternative might be a Pioneer -6 as the engine is further back. I see you're from South Texas so the heat should be normal. I am in the Southern half of Mississippi so we're used to the heat.
#NTC

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Mississippi. I have a 2016 and installed a rubber shield under the seat from @trigger . I also have a half windshield and an Alien shade for a roof. The only alternative might be a Pioneer -6 as the engine is further back. I see you're from South Texas so the heat should be normal. I am in the Southern half of Mississippi so we're used to the heat.
#NTC
I would think the heat from a Pioneer would feel like AC to a South Texan.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
need pics and update on your Honda Corporate opened case for excessive heat...

C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
I put a thin piece of bubble insulation under my seat and up the back a little. Then I went ahead and installed a small fan to blow the heat towards the rear. Made all the difference in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vikes79
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!