2023 Pioneer 1000-3 Cab Heating Issue

S

STLG67

May 17, 2023
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
need pics and update on your Honda Corporate opened case for excessive heat...
I have 2 cases open and the bike is at the local dealership. I'm waiting to hear back from Honda, I was told Tuesday or for sure Wednesday. I'm new to the side by side, had a 4 Wheeler for 23 years and sold to buy one of these. I didn't know about heat issues or I probably would have passed. But to late now, hopefully Honda will have a solution but if not I'll fix it myself.

S

STLG67

May 17, 2023
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Were
Welcome from Mississippi. I have a 2016 and installed a rubber shield under the seat from @trigger . I also have a half windshield and an Alien shade for a roof. The only alternative might be a Pioneer -6 as the engine is further back. I see you're from South Texas so the heat should be normal. I am in the Southern half of Mississippi so we're used to the heat.
#NTC
We're used to the heat here but not used to excessive heat from the side by side on your back. Lesson learned, should have done some research before buying, figured Honda was a top shelf product. Like I mentioned earlier, waiting on Honda, then if no help, I'll fix it myself.

Reactions: Smitty335
S

STLG67

May 17, 2023
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The bike is at the dealership waiting on a reply from Honda. Should have it back Wednesday and I'll post some pictures. I've learned a valuable lesson. I'll make the best of it, seen alot of fixes out there so I'll fix it myself if no help from Honda.
Welcome from commie run Michigan!

Looks like my deputies up top have covered this for you. The only thing they haven't mentioned is pics of your rig in question. Its Rule #4 when u join/first post so...
Pics Or It Didn't Happen!

Reactions: Remington
S

STLG67

May 17, 2023
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Were

We're used to the heat here but not used to excessive heat from the side by side on your back. Lesson learned, should have done some research before buying, figured Honda was a top shelf product. Like I mentioned earlier, waiting on Honda, then if no help, I'll fix it myself.
Thanks for the welcome

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Honda can not "fix" heat coming from an engine under your butt. You might as well ask them to "fix" the issue with wind coming in the cab. The design is the design and has been known for 7 years.

Install a bilge fan. Install a heatshield. Do things to improve airflow through the cab. That's all you can do.

I literally just installed a bilge fan this afternoon. Waiting on my foil/foam heat shield material to arrive. It will be a good improvement, but I knew I didn't buy an air conditioner Jeep when I bought my P1K5.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A bike has two wheels and you sit on it not in it.
A quad(atv) is a bike cuz you sit on it
A UTV is definitely not a bike......It's a Buggy, it's a Car, It's Super Man.

H

HondaTech

I have 2 cases open and the bike is at the local dealership. I'm waiting to hear back from Honda, I was told Tuesday or for sure Wednesday. I'm new to the side by side, had a 4 Wheeler for 23 years and sold to buy one of these. I didn't know about heat issues or I probably would have passed. But to late now, hopefully Honda will have a solution but if not I'll fix it myself.

There's nothing their going to do, it's not a problem to them. It's just the way it is, they changed a bunch of things for 2022 to seal the back off more but it doesn't appear to have remedied the issues.

But then again, you are sitting on an engine.

Reactions: JenElio and Scoop
S

STLG67

May 17, 2023
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There's nothing their going to do, it's not a problem to them. It's just the way it is, they changed a bunch of things for 2022 to seal the back off more but it doesn't appear to have remedied the issues.

But then again, you are sitting on an engine.
Thanks for the information, I'm hopeful that they will do something. If not there's enough information out there to help out with the issue, I'll make the changes myself.

S

STLG67

May 17, 2023
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm my opinion, I don't think that it should be everyone's problem to correct the heat issue. These utv's aren't cheap and then you have to spend more money to stop a issue that Honda should be correcting. Everyone already buys add-ons to make the ride more enjoyable, you shouldn't have to buy parts to stop THIER PROBLEM!!!!

Reactions: Surveyor
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm my opinion, I don't think that it should be everyone's problem to correct the heat issue. These utv's aren't cheap and then you have to spend more money to stop a issue that Honda should be correcting. Everyone already buys add-ons to make the ride more enjoyable, you shouldn't have to buy parts to stop THIER PROBLEM!!!!
The way they come with no windshield and no roof, there is zero problems with heat.

D

dweber23tr

May 21, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
While I don't disagree that they should more readily address the issue the fact is they have no problem selling them as is, so the incentive for them to fix it is pretty low. My new 2023 1000-5 trail, with full cab gets HOT, will be doing the fan mod soon. While the Hondas seem to be more prone to heat in the seat, all makes of SXS get hot in an enclosed cab, that's just the nature of the beast unfortunately.

Reactions: Scoop

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!