2023 Pioneer 1000-3 Cab Heating Issue

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda can not "fix" heat coming from an engine under your butt. You might as well ask them to "fix" the issue with wind coming in the cab. The design is the design and has been known for 7 years.

Install a bilge fan. Install a heatshield. Do things to improve airflow through the cab. That's all you can do.

I literally just installed a bilge fan this afternoon. Waiting on my foil/foam heat shield material to arrive. It will be a good improvement, but I knew I didn't buy an air conditioner Jeep when I bought my P1K5.
If you do the cat delete along with the bilge fan, the exhaust heat is pretty much a non issue. sound level only increases 1dB, I think I notice an improved throttle response

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I'm my opinion, I don't think that it should be everyone's problem to correct the heat issue. These utv's aren't cheap and then you have to spend more money to stop a issue that Honda should be correcting. Everyone already buys add-ons to make the ride more enjoyable, you shouldn't have to buy parts to stop THIER PROBLEM!!!!
I honestly don't believe you thought through the purchase of a SXS.

S

STLG67

May 17, 2023
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We'll, I didn't think that Honda, after having a Foreman 450 for 23 years, that I'd have to research their products. I took care of thier problem with $420.00. I talked with Honda Corporate twice and thought they would offer something, not money, but maybe a discount on a warranty. They offered nothing and had no answer but the local dealership tested the problem and they said there's definitely a issue. They said Honda in the future, will probably be doing another recall, save your receipts for whatever you have to do to remedy the problem.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We'll, I didn't think that Honda, after having a Foreman 450 for 23 years, that I'd have to research their products. I took care of thier problem with $420.00. I talked with Honda Corporate twice and thought they would offer something, not money, but maybe a discount on a warranty. They offered nothing and had no answer but the local dealership tested the problem and they said there's definitely a issue. They said Honda in the future, will probably be doing another recall, save your receipts for whatever you have to do to remedy the problem.
Funny, My 84 TRX200 didnt have a heat issue either. Imagine that.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
While I don't disagree that they should more readily address the issue the fact is they have no problem selling them as is, so the incentive for them to fix it is pretty low. My new 2023 1000-5 trail, with full cab gets HOT, will be doing the fan mod soon. While the Hondas seem to be more prone to heat in the seat, all makes of SXS get hot in an enclosed cab, that's just the nature of the beast unfortunately.
I have a neighbor who just got a new 2023 CanAm with full enclosed cab with heat and AC. So far he has NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT SUMMER HEAT IN THE CAB. If he doesn't need to use the AC, he just rolls down the windows.. Of course he did pay WELL NORTH of $30 THOU for it..

H

HondaTech

Their not going to recall something that's been the same for 7 model years now. It's not enough of a problem for them to fix, although they've tried twice now.

Even if they did recall for this problem, their not going to pay you for what you purchased/installed to fix it. Again that's not ever going to be a thing.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a neighbor who just got a new 2023 CanAm with full enclosed cab with heat and AC. So far he has NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT SUMMER HEAT IN THE CAB. If he doesn't need to use the AC, he just rolls down the windows.. Of course he did pay WELL NORTH of $30 THOU for it..
Well maybe he will have a complaint now that it is very hot and buggy out right now and being he has the only ride around with enclosed AC, no one with a hot seat open cab machine wants to go out riding with him now... lol!

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
As for my own remedy that does seem to help, I stuffed a old Weber grill cover across under the bench seat and I sit on a foam rubber pad that also goes up the back which also helps cushion the harsh bumpy oem shock ride. Lol!

PSquare

PSquare

Supporting Member
May 9, 2023
Whitwell, TN
Ownership

1. 500
The Quick shield I installed made all the difference in the world. Thanks Trigger. Much quieter too.

IMG 0631

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I’ve got a 22 PK3 with no Quick Shield or Bilge fan. I haven’t had an issue with “excessive” heat in my year of ownership. I know Honda took steps in 22 to make it better. This is an outdoor in the weather activity, not a climate controlled environment. Sometimes you just have to adapt and overcome. 🤷‍♂️

S

Surveyor

Lifetime Member
May 13, 2019
Auburn, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought the heat was terrible as well until I put a full cab on and realized the lobster bake created inside every time you hit a water hole is even worse.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!