Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
You can also watch as we effortlessly go around rock ledges and mud holes that you have to take head on with the rest of the busses. Then you can watch my crooked muffler as I pull you out of that mud hole you got stuck in...wait...maybe I'll just eat snacks and watch you swim around in it.
Apparently you've never seen a fully dressed P5 and motivated rider in the wild? You wouldn't be the first one to talk sh!t and then get owned on the skinny trails. 🤦‍♂️
I've only watched one, and it was on its side not once but twice this past weekend. LOL. But, yea, I hear ya!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
NOTE to ALL See Original Post (#1) and attached here too.

I have attached GPS tracks to the following. First 3 start/end at Exit 141 Pilot Truck Stop

Brushy Mountain Prison Loop from 2022 Takeover Approx. 100 mile loop
Gobey & Nemo Tunnel Loop different from Triple B route much less (30 miles less) gravel / dust but 140 mile loop
Royal Blue & New River Scenic Loop 89 miles moderate trails in middle of ride

Jellico Primroy Arch, Triple Arch, JC Cave, Tackett Creek, Cabin & McClean Overlooks (Start / ends at Coke Oven Cabins Hwy 9/ US 25W)

Attachments

• N.R. Train, Brushy MP, Flame from Exit 141 2022 Takeover.gpx
    650.9 KB · Views: 65
  • NR Store Gobey Nemo Hembry Least Dust 10-15-22.gpx
    922.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Exit 141 to RB and NR Loop 89 miles.gpx
    615.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Jellico, Primroy, TripleArch, JC Cave, Tackett Cabin, McClean Overlook 4-29-23.gpx
    449.2 KB · Views: 51
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
If I did it would have to be Tues, Wednesday or Thursday. I don't wanna be super far away on Friday or Saturday.
NOTE to ALL See Original Post (#1) and attached here too.

I have attached GPS tracks to the following. First 3 start/end at Exit 141 Pilot Truck Stop

Brushy Mountain Prison Loop from 2022 Takeover Approx. 100 mile loop
Gobey & Nemo Tunnel Loop different from Triple B route much less (30 miles less) gravel / dust but 140 mile loop
Royal Blue & New River Scenic Loop 89 miles moderate trails in middle of ride

Jellico Primroy Arch, Triple Arch, JC Cave, Tackett Creek, Cabin & McClean Overlooks (Start / ends at Coke Oven Cabins Hwy 9/ US 25W)
Awesome. Thanks Jackal.

advertisement
Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I will be more than happy to lead a ride to Brushy Mountain Prison Thursday and/or Friday departure from RRB at 9:30 AM each day. Easy trail ride but 110 miles typically 9-12 hrs day includes 3 hrs at Brushy to tour, eat at Wardens Table Restaurant, shop, includes stops at New River Train, 4 overlooks, and Eternal Flame on way back. Past 2 years groups of 21-34 machines all returned about 8pm just before dark. Any showroom stock machine can make this route no issues. Places to get gas 2 miles from Brushy in Petros, TN if you suffer from range anxiety, but it's not needed if you are full when we leave.

Saturday willing to lead a group on a scenic ride west side in Royal Blue/ New River Units ride difficulty Easy/Medium meaning may need 4x4 if wet but no winching, and no dangerous obstacles. Leave 10 AM returning 5PM ish probably 65 mile ride with rock outcroppings, overlooks, creek crossings, and if raining waterfalls.
Count me in for the Friday ride to BMP please.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I've only watched one, and it was on its side not once but twice this past weekend. LOL. But, yea, I hear ya!
And both time it wasn't even on the hard stuff...
I'm thinking I might not be the best candidate for p5 poster child.

But, it dosent hurt my pride that I went everywhere you went in a machine that I gave $5k for.
(Then dumped another $5k in accessories on)

Phantomhunter1

Phantomhunter1

Mar 2, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Updated 1st post
@The Green Goat. I decided to come down a day earlier than planned. I'm in for @JACKAL BMP ride on Friday. Also in for the @JACKAL ride on Saturday to Royal Blue/New River tour. I've never been to TO so I don't know anything about the trails or destinations. Debating on which ride for Thursday. I will have the wife and two kids with me. The ride with @Hondasxs or @Adam490. Any ideas? I basically have a stock P1000-5 with SATV skid plate, but no winch. Thanks

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Debating on which ride for Thursday. I will have the wife and two kids with me. The ride with [USER=58]@Hondasxs or @Adam490. Any ideas? I basically have a stock P1000-5 with SATV skid plate, but no winch. Thanks
The THU Tacket ride will be more challenging than the shorter EF ride, but should not be an issue for a stock machine with an aftermarket skid plate.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Debating on which ride for Thursday. I will have the wife and two kids with me. The ride with @Hondasxs or @Adam490. Any ideas? I basically have a stock P1000-5 with SATV skid plate, but no winch. Thanks
Both rides would be great and are not on the paper map of Sundquist(Ride Royal Blue).

Hondasxs ride to the eternal flame will be a shorter ride with some good sights and a great group of people to ride with.

Adams will be full day ride with some awesome sights. One rough trail down to the sand cave and out. Not a real difficult trail just rough on machine bottom with lots of big rock.

You can't go wrong with either.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I maybe jinxing myself here, but in 7 years of P5 riding I've never been on my side.
And I'm confident you won't be, my friend.

I hope nobody that has read or replied to my earlier comments about the P500 and my meme think that I'm serious. Admittedly I'm a newb to SXS (but a quick learner), but I was able to watch you and @lee & Cindy last weekend get through things I NEVER would have guessed could be done on that machine. Heck, I was able to do things I never thought MY machine could do as well. These things are absolutely nuts.

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!