The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Y'all gotta bunch of rides going. The wife and I are looking to explore the area, see whats around, but we also don't mind some challenges, I'm just poor so I don't wanna destroy my machine either.

I avoid deep water / mud, I try to stay out of rocky ruts which chew up wheels and I try to stay off trails that are over grown to the point limbs are scratching up the plastics.

I'll have to see / experience what y'all call "moderate / easy" vs what I consider "moderate / easy".

Jackals New River ride seems like a good one to look around. But how about some challenges that won't tear up my machine?
I am curious though. If mud, rocks, and trees are out of the equation for obstacles, then what do you consider a challenge that won't scratch your machine? Trying to have a coherent conversation with Smitty?

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am curious though. If mud, rocks, and trees are out of the equation for obstacles, then what do you consider a challenge that won't scratch your machine? Trying to have a coherent conversation with Smitty?

Sounds like he needs an open field or a sugar sand pit to have fun in. None of which are in Tennessee trails.
“Scratches, dents and dings give the machine character”! But that’s my opinion.
I’ll be taking it easier than usual only because we’ll have a 1 year old in the buggy with us, but anything that’s too crazy, my “rolling pin wielding copilot” will usually get out and walk. We’ve only had the buggy up on its back wheels a few times, mostly from backing down a trail. Just gotta feather that brake pedal. That was a puckersome moment for sure.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Takeover getting close people.....

5bb1454d6bfd7104fb54a191c8a33d4a

FB IMG 1601206096380

FB IMG 1659757867457

FB IMG 1601206400842

FB IMG 1678459771571

FB IMG 1613236471341

Great ride

Lest we not forget the Trail 9 at 9 group.....

Screenshot 20220908 200552

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Y'all gotta bunch of rides going. The wife and I are looking to explore the area, see whats around, but we also don't mind some challenges, I'm just poor so I don't wanna destroy my machine either.

I avoid deep water / mud, I try to stay out of rocky ruts which chew up wheels and I try to stay off trails that are over grown to the point limbs are scratching up the plastics.

I'll have to see / experience what y'all call "moderate / easy" vs what I consider "moderate / easy".

Jackals New River ride seems like a good one to look around. But how about some challenges that won't tear up my machine?

A certain amount of resignation and acceptance is in order. It gets pretty rugged, rutted and rocky. Just the nature of the area.

You'll have a great time! The experience is well worth any scratches.

cntryby

cntryby

May 27, 2019
southeast
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A certain amount of resignation and acceptance is in order. It gets pretty rugged, rutted and rocky. Just the nature of the area.

You'll have a great time! The experience is well worth any scratches.
Maybe I should clarify... lol... I just avoid unnecessary damage if I can. I've been out with folks who just aren't happy until someone breaks a machine.

That said, sometimes if ya wanna keep going ya gotta hit it.

advertisement
K

kyrider1000

Oct 4, 2022
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Me and my wife are the same , Dont feel like tearing up my stuff . I think that Jackals ride to the prison will be a good one . Where bouts yall from ? Kentucky here .

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will be more than happy to lead a ride to Brushy Mountain Prison Thursday and/or Friday departure from RRB at 9:30 AM each day. Easy trail ride but 110 miles typically 9-12 hrs day includes 3 hrs at Brushy to tour, eat at Wardens Table Restaurant, shop, includes stops at New River Train, 4 overlooks, and Eternal Flame on way back. Past 2 years groups of 21-34 machines all returned about 8pm just before dark. Any showroom stock machine can make this route no issues. Places to get gas 2 miles from Brushy in Petros, TN if you suffer from range anxiety, but it's not needed if you are full when we leave.

Saturday willing to lead a group on a scenic ride west side in Royal Blue/ New River Units ride difficulty Easy/Medium meaning may need 4x4 if wet but no winching, and no dangerous obstacles. Leave 10 AM returning 5PM ish probably 65 mile ride with rock outcroppings, overlooks, creek crossings, and if raining waterfalls.
If I can't get ahold of Smitty before sat., me and my twins would like to tag along on this one.

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Alright, I can't stand it. I've got to start planning some rides to occupy my mind until June.

I'm setting up a Ride list. Feel free to add what you've got in mind and if you plan on attending any of these and I'll update it as much as I can, as accurately as I can. I'll add earlier days if I need to. Anyone, feel free to correct me if I screwed something up. Ride toughness is just a guess.

Easy
Moderate
Challenging
Bring Spare Parts

Wednesday:

1. Vondy's Dragon's Back/Widow maker Afternoon Ride:
Vondy Crew
Green Goat (Probably)
Adam490 (maybe)
Ohio4x4 (maybe)

Thursday:

1. Tackett ride for immature Humans:
@Adam490 w/ kid
@Bcavin351
Green Goat (I don't mind tagging along with another group if this one gets too big and needs to decompress.)
@GovtMule
@Coeus w/ kids
@Vondy w/ Dayton, Ohio
@Smitty335 w/ Pops
@JayPo
@futzin / Martha
@KyGal83
@DrShotgun

2. Alternate Tackett Group (?), No Business trail may be attempted:
KRX queers
a P520 to pull them all out

3. Eternal Flame/River Family Ride (~10am-3pm; bring a lunch, Kids can play in the creek):
@Hondasxs w/ kids
@Tramguage1
@Captin Jack
@Neohio / @MRSNEOHIO
@FL_CrackerLife w/ Crack Wife
Scoop/wifey
Matt/Sandy
PhantomHunter1 + 2 ATVs
@Racerhed and wife
Firecaptain w/ GF

4. JACKAL's - BMP Loop - (Thursday 6/1/23)

@DocBo

Friday:

1. Jackal's BMP Loop - (Friday 6/2/23)

@Plowboy1466
Scoop/Wifey
Matt/Sandy
Phantomhunter1 + 2 ATVs
Micah_Deshotel (3 machines)
FL_CrackerLife/wife & friends
kyrider1000
@Firecaptain

EDIT by JACKAL For those wanting to go a different time or not in a possible big group here is the GPS Track for this ride from 2022 Takeover. Copy and paste file into your tracklog folder for OruxMaps / LTM then set as route.

ATTACHED AT BOTTOM OF THIS POST / Also See Routes to Nemo Tunnel & Tacket Primroy Arch, Caves, etc

2. P5 Ride (all machines welcome)

lee
TGG
Futzin
Trigger
KyGirl73
Red500
@DocBo
KyGal83

3. Trail #9 @ 9:
HFAWHA Crew
@Plumber32
Vondy
@Blownzuki
@TripleB
@Ohio4x4
@Delton
@WildMounts (?)
Green Goat
DrShotgun

Saturday:

1. Jackal's Royal Blue/New River Tour - (Saturday 6/3/23)

Scoop/Wifey
Matt/Sandy
PhantomHunter1 + 2 ATVs
Micah_Deshotel (3 machines)
TGG (maybe)
@JTH1000-5
FL_CrackLife
GovtMule
Firecaptain w/ GF
@Backwoods

Potential Rides in Planning:

Richard's Stallion Ride:
Just Richard

-HomeTeam-led ride (difficulty up to the group)

I’m gonna bow out of the Friday BMP ride.
We did 30 miles today, and the kids and wife were awesome, but that may be too much of a stretch for them. We might ride over in the truck.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!