CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The second video had this question in Comments -

A few questions that have been asked: Q: Has there been any changes to the air intake/filter system? A: No. Honda uses the same air intake on their race machines. If it’s good enough for 1000 miles in Baja, it’s probably good enough for most.

I chewed on that for a couple of hours and just couldn't keep my mouth shut. 😊

CID -
Sorry, no, it's not, don't sugar coat it. As a Talon fan boy, it's widely known that one of the first necessary mods is a snorkel and prefilter. In typical Japanese fashion, they aren't listening to the customers that actually use their products. I have 11,236 miles on my 2021 Talon and it got a snorkel and Uni prefilter before its first ride. Don't hate me, bro, just speaking from experience. # ole guy :cool:

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
All the Race teams have a clean air intake. My under roof prefilter can be changed in less then 2 minutes.
I copied your snorkel idea except for running it up to the roof using the part numbers and photos you provided and still recommend it. I like that it retains the stock air intake plenum. 👍 (linked in my sig for the curious)

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!