CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Wonder who manufacturers the transmission? Says automatic, no provision to shift or hold a gear, or paddle shifters.
He shows the paddle shifters @ 1:40. Not sure about hold a gear but I'm always amazed that the Talon holds gears so well on steep descents without upshifting, even in Auto.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Can-Am probably buys the DCT from Honda.

"DCT TRANSMISSION THAT DELIVERS RESULTS
PERFORMANCE
Enjoy low maintenance, enhanced wheel power and increased durability—all courtesy of the dual-clutch transmission’s gear-on-gear drive.

High-performance 7-speed dual-clutch transmission
Instantaneous and seamless shifting
Gear-on-gear transmission
Electronically actuated Park and H/L
Shift-on-the-fly H/L
Longitudinal layout"

• Haha
Reactions: TxDoc and Smitty335
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
CanAm doing media test rides. This pic posted the Mav R doing 100 mph 7th gear at 7800 rpm. Picture on FB zoomed in can read mph NOT kph.

Screenshot 20230823 105124 Facebook

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Even in a simple overhead garage door opener!

I just replaced an older Lift-Master garage door lift motor with a new Chamberlain. Bought it online from Home Depot and installed it but had to call a local overhead door tech to come out and program it. I can't read the instruction manual!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
CanAm doing media test rides. This pic posted the Mav R doing 100 mph 7th gear at 7800 rpm. Picture on FB zoomed in can read mph NOT kph.

View attachment 400392
I see the front fenders are doing a great job! First ride in my '16 RZR S 1000 and '19 Talon deposited chuncks of mud in my shirt collar. Mudbusters were immediately installed on both. Mud in the collar was not enjoyable. This Mav R would be completely UNFUN in wet dirt.

Reactions: Smitty335
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I see the front fenders are doing a great job! First ride in my '16 RZR S 1000 and '19 Talon deposited chuncks of mud in my shirt collar. Mudbusters were immediately installed on both. Mud in the collar was not enjoyable. This Mav R would be completely UNFUN in wet dirt.
I'm surprised so many sport SxS's have so little tire coverage. One of the first Talon add ons was Rokblokz and they only help a little. I slow to a crawl thru water/mud crossings which is a real pain during the spring melt-off.

The Rokblokz protect the door openings -
I cr95tCk X2

but they don't do crap for the windshield. :oops: I just got tired of driving like an ole woman thru EVERY TINY BIT of water. :mad: I'm sure there are unknown (to me) obstacles to a glass flip up but I wish @SuperATV would figure it out. The plastic ain't gonna last very long. :(
I Bt9X3KB X2

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!