FB IMG 1692929384762

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
while it looks weird I do love the technology race

I was trying to figure out how that arm could hit a tree without banging the wheel first

they have greatly reduced the stress on the frame\ball joints\etc. with that geometry but still no double shear on the mounting points, that design has the wheels tracking straight up and down through the bumps - interesting to go fast

this is their flagship model - high bucks but just the start of the dribbling down to the other models as they shake the technology out

I bleed Honda Red but need to be fair to what they are doing and it is exciting - Honda needs to start catching up (more power out of the box, some sort of display that isn't similar to a 7 year utility pioneer, air box design, better suspension, more cab room)

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
while it looks weird I do love the technology race

I was trying to figure out how that arm could hit a tree without banging the wheel first

they have greatly reduced the stress on the frame\ball joints\etc. with that geometry but still no double shear on the mounting points, that design has the wheels tracking straight up and down through the bumps - interesting to go fast

this is their flagship model - high bucks but just the start of the dribbling down to the other models as they shake the technology out

I bleed Honda Red but need to be fair to what they are doing and it is exciting - Honda needs to start catching up (more power out of the box, some sort of display that isn't similar to a 7 year utility pioneer, air box design, better suspension, more cab room)

I agree with your sentiment. Honda could do a handful of further incremental changes that would significantly enhance the curb appeal and trail performance of the Talons.

I was hoping for more changes on the 24 models with all the things they have done. Like set it up with 30-32 tires from factory with appropriate gearing changes by either transmission or differentials. The gauge cluster / infotainment screen size and design. Offering a top end turbo live valve model with 185-200 hp from factory.

Sure these wants add costs and selling price, but if 95% of the buyers are installing 30-35 " tires why not just get in there with the happy medium of 32" with everything designed for that size and weight of tire.

I'm afraid far future is eyeballing the eco / electric avenue and doing a major investment in greatly improved ICE models isn't being considered. I think this whole electric thing, especially for off road toys is not going to catch on with buyers.

Even Ford CEO recently tried a road trip in their premiere Ford Lightning and realized what a pain in the ass it is to travel. Coupled with 30% of available chargers are off line at any given time.

Screenshot 20230826 110049 Chrome

Screenshot 20230826 110131 Chrome

Last edited:
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I agree with your sentiment. Honda could do a handful of further incremental changes that would significantly enhance the curb appeal and trail performance of the Talons.

I was hoping for more changes on the 24 models with all the things they have done. Like set it up with 30-32 tires from factory with appropriate gearing changes by either transmission or differentials. The gauge cluster / infotainment screen size and design. Offering a top end turbo live valve model with 185-200 hp from factory.

Sure these wants add costs and selling price, but if 95% of the buyers are installing 30-35 " tires why not just get in there with the happy medium of 32" with everything designed for that size and weight of tire.

I'm afraid far future is eyeballing the eco / electric avenue and doing a major investment in greatly improved ICE models isn't being considered. I think this whole electric thing, especially for off road toys is not going to catch on with buyers.

Even Ford CEO recently tried a road trip in their premiere Ford Lightning and realized what a pain in the ass it is to travel. Coupled with 30% of available chargers are off line at any given time.

View attachment 400828
View attachment 400829
im pretty close to finalizing design of a built in under tonneau cover gas generator\charger for the E F-150's, no more worry about charging stations - gas stations everywhere

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
If only Honda wanted to......
Unfortunately Honda is watching Kalifornia C.A.R.B. figuring the rest of the country will follow. So here is how the first battery adopter at the 2030 Takeover will end up after Trail 9 @9 ride.

FB IMG 1693015974127

@lee for the workstation.

H

HondaTech

View attachment 400828
View attachment 400829
Word in our camp is a redesigned Pioneer in October🤷🏻‍♂️

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Whew!
I was worried they might update the 20 year old engine in the 700. That was a close one...
Or better yet the Soviet interior and 3rd world suspension. The engine was ok with me, an extra gear and 10 more mph would be nice. I had a lot of fun in mine It was horrible from the 8th hour on for long rides I had my fill of it on those days

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Or better yet the Soviet interior and 3rd world suspension. The engine was ok with me, an extra gear and 10 more mph would be nice. I had a lot of fun in mine It was horrible from the 8th hour on for long rides I had my fill of it on those days
Honestly, even a low range would be a game changer In the 700. Anything else would be gravy.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!